Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

uninstall twixtor?

COW Forums : RE:Vision Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Armen Perianuninstall twixtor?
by on Apr 8, 2010 at 2:46:36 am

hey,

I decided to download and install the demo for Twixtor for Final Cut Pro. After trying it out, I desired to uninstall it but couldn't find a means to accomplish this.

I went into library/application support/final cut pro system support/plugins to try and manually remove them, but they still appeared inside my Effects window in the Browser for Final Cut Pro. Further more, I had no way of deleting them, as they are shown with a lock on the icon inside the Browser.

I did a computer-wide search for 'Twixtor' and came up with no results. How is it that it's still installed on my computer and is there any way to completely wipe it off? Thanks!

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Peter LitwinowiczRe: uninstall twixtor?
by on Apr 10, 2010 at 5:39:42 pm

The FxPlugs live in /Library/Plug-ins/FxPlug . Delete the Twixtor folder you find there.

Note that Spotlight doesn't search the /Library directory by default, which is why your search did not find it.

CHeers,
pete Litwinowicz

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Brandon MeilleurRe: uninstall twixtor?
by on Jul 14, 2010 at 6:03:11 am

I've been having a similar problem with the newest version of twixtor, i tried it out and felt more comfortable with the older version but when i tried to find the aex files, they were not in the plugins folder, anyone have any suggestions?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Majed AbaRe: uninstall twixtor?
by on Apr 19, 2012 at 2:05:47 pm

ok.. It is two years now since you posted your inquiry hahahha. Here is the answer if you still need it, otherwise, it will always be here to tot he rest of the world.

Remove Twixtor 5.04 from After Effects CS5.5 on MAC OS X 10.7 (Lion):

Step 1: close After Effects

Step 2: Open Finder

Step 3: open Macintosh HD (here is how i do it: click on finder> press and hold command key and keep pressing the up arrow on keyboard until you see Macintosh HD icon.

Step 4: follow this path: Library/Application Support/Adobe/Common/Plug-ins

Step 5: after opening the Plug-ins folder, look for the folder pointing to the version of After Effects you have on your MAC and open it, in my case it is CS5.5

Step 6: open the folder named Media Core

Step 7: look for a folder named Twixtor and guess what "Delete the bastard".

Step 8: Never give up if you fail to do something :)

Thanks

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  
+3

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]