Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Twixor for Dummies needed for slow mo

COW Forums : RE:Vision Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
steve cahillTwixor for Dummies needed for slow mo
by on Aug 20, 2008 at 3:08:43 pm

I downloaded the Twixor product trial and I am just trying to do slow motion on a clip. I found some documentation on the web for previous versions of FCP. I also found some docs for using a sequence and applying the plug-in on the sequence after making multiple copies of the clip to extend the length for it to attach to, with no luck.(see below) It seems that the slow motion on the clip after a render applies it to just part of the clip NOT the full length of it.

So how does one do this with FCP? I have the latest vers of FCP and QT. I would love to see a screen movie as a TUT on how to do this. I will do it if I can figure out how this works, I want to buy the plug-in but I need to see it working. HELP, HELP.

Question: Do you apply the Twixtor plug in to both of the clips in sequence 2? as instructed below:

This does not seem to work:
Here is the easiest description for creating a slow-mo from 2 seconds to 4 seconds, as you say you want to do in our online forum:

1) drop your clip into a sequence. Let's call this sequence1.
2) because our plugin cannot extend the clip, you need to make the clip the final duration that you want by adding the clip as many times as you want to extend the duration. Since you want to make your 2 second clip into 4 seconds, add the clip one more time.
3) then create another sequence (let's call this sequence2). Drop sequence1 into sequence2
4) apply Twixtor to sequence1 within sequence2. Set the speed of twixtor to 50%.

Question: Do you apply the Twixtor plug in to both of the clips in sequence 2?

Regards
Steve

Blog: http://web.mac.com/stevecahill/Steve_Cahills_Blog/Blog/Blog.html

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Peter LitwinowiczRe: Twixor for Dummies needed for slow mo
by on Aug 21, 2008 at 1:04:48 am

Ah, i think you are missing a step when following the directions.

You don't apply Twixtor to the original clip. You apply Twixtor to Sequence 1 (while it is inside Sequence 2). You don't apply it to the clip, which is inside Sequence 1. So you need to bump up one level.

Does this make sense?

note: unlike a clip, to see the filters applied to a sequence (that's within another sequence), you select the nested sequence on the timeline and then select View->Sequence. if you double-click on the nested sequence, FCP opens it up in the timeline and doesn't allow you to see the filters applied to it.

I also highly recommend you download our Twixtor tutorials and sample projects, located here: http://www.revisionfx.com/products/twixtor/support/#After%20Effects,%20Prem...

The links to the tutorials you need are AFTER the Articles and FAQS sections These tutorials, while not video tutorials, will hopefully make things more clear.

Pete
http://www.revisionfx.com

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]