Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Color Finesse, parameters, keyframing?

COW Forums : Synthetic Aperture

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Tom FuldnerColor Finesse, parameters, keyframing?
by on Mar 7, 2012 at 9:37:32 pm

I've made a bunch of key framed adjustments to one large sequence clip, but in playback, some of the adjustments don't manifest themselves. What might I be doing wrong?

Most of my adjustments are in the "controls" and "hue offsets" interface. I go back and tweak one keyframe, then parameters at another key frame won't take effect.

Any guidance greatly appreciated.

My machines: 2008 MacPro, quadcore, 32 GB RAM, nVidia Quadro 4000 card.
Application: Premiere Pro CS5.5 with 3.07 Color Finesse plug-in
Clips: MP4 (Sony EX1R)
Sequence clip length: very (10 minutes)

I really dig this software, but I'd like not to have to go back continually to reset.

Thanks,

Tom F.

Tom F.
Raleigh, NC

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Bob CurrierRe: Color Finesse, parameters, keyframing?
by on Mar 7, 2012 at 10:32:57 pm

Not all parameters are keyframable. In particular, the CF Curves and Hue Offset wheels are not keyframable. The problem with keyframing these is that it's not easy to determine how you intend it to work. For things like the hue wheels, moving between one setting and another often moves through some very ugly color adjustments.

You can tell which parameters are keyframable by looking for the little "stopwatch" icon in CF's Simplified Interface.

Try adjusting your keyframes and Color Finesse settings using CF's Simplified Interface in Premiere's Effect Controls palette. The timeline there makes it easy to ensure that you're adjusting an existing keyframe and not creating another one because you're one frame off. That's a mistake I make a lot both in AE and PPro.

Bob Currier
Synthetic Aperture

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]