Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

CF 2.1.7 Not Appearing in Premiere CS3

COW Forums : Synthetic Aperture

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Justin ToneyCF 2.1.7 Not Appearing in Premiere CS3
by on Jul 17, 2009 at 2:20:58 am

I have a project that I created in windows xp. I recently upgraded to a new machine running vista home premium 64 bit. I installed 2.1.7 and I can successfully see it within After Effects CS3, however, it does not appear within premiere. Is there any reason why this is happening? My project was created using 2.1.7 so I would rather stay in that version, if possible.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Bob CurrierRe: CF 2.1.7 Not Appearing in Premiere CS3
by on Jul 17, 2009 at 6:29:54 pm

Do you have the LE or the PI version of Color Finesse 2.1.7 installed? The LE version works only in After Effects, and if installed in Premiere will just be ignored.

The version of Color Finesse which is bundled with After Effects CS2/3/4 is the LE version. Your CF serial number will start with either CFLE (for the LE version) or CFPL (for the PI version).

We offer discounted upgrades to go from LE to PI for those wanting to use Color Finesse in Premiere Pro/FCP/etc in addition to AE. For more information see our upgrades page.

Bob Currier
Synthetic Aperture

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Justin ToneyRe: CF 2.1.7 Not Appearing in Premiere CS3
by on Jul 17, 2009 at 6:52:57 pm

I do have the PI version.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Jul 17, 2009 at 7:13:57 pm

Make sure you're installing it to the correct folder. Premiere Pro is a bit "different" in where it expects to find plug-ins.

You need to choose the correct folder for your system's language, within the Plugins folder. For US English, that the "en_US" folder. So for CS3, the complete path would be "c:Program FilesAdobeAdobe Premiere Pro CS3Plug-insen_US". Or "Program Files (x86)" if you're on Vista 64.

If this is a fresh OS install of XP SP3 or Vista SP2, then you'll need to being using the current version of Color Finesse, 2.1.10. Microsoft has dropped some DLLs from the latest version which Color Finesse was (incorrectly) relying on being present.

Other reasons for failing to load would be not having QuickTime installed, or using the incorrect installer (something other than the "for AE and PrPro" installer).

Note that there have been a number of other fixes which affect Color Finesse with Premiere since 2.1.7. The current version is 2.1.10, which you can download from our website and install with your current serial number.

Bob Currier
Synthetic Aperture

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

kujtim ereqiRe: CF 2.1.7 Not Appearing in Premiere CS3
by on Aug 6, 2009 at 5:45:10 pm

I bought version 2.1.10 and every thing was fine with vista 64 bit. Then the motherboard went down and I decided to get another PC and installed vista 64 bit again. After I installed color finesse, I tried to open Premiere, but a message appeared stating that I need quicktime 7.2 (or later) in oder to run Finesse. I installed quicktime, but now Color finesse does not show in the effects palette in Premiere. I tried to reinstall it, updated quicktime, but nothing works.. What should I do?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Aug 6, 2009 at 10:09:48 pm

I'm not sure why you're not seeing Color Finesse within the Effects folder since the QuickTime message would indicate that the plug-in is being loaded and run.

Be sure you're using the "PI" installer for Color Finesse, as the "LE" version is After Effects-only.

You will need version 2.1.10 for a recent clean install of Vista, as the latest Vista and XP service packs have a smaller set of DLLs and are missing one which earlier versions of Color Finesse relied on. 2.1.10 resolves this issue.

Also make sure the CF plug-in has been installed into the language-dependent folder within Premiere's Plugins folder. For US English, that's the "en_US" folder.

Let me know if any of that helps.

Bob Currier
Synthetic Aperture

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

kujtim ereqiRe: CF 2.1.7 Not Appearing in Premiere CS3
by on Aug 9, 2009 at 9:42:20 am

I checked every thing, but still color finesse does not show in the effects palette.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]