Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
RED GIANT SOFTWARE:Red Giant TutorialsTrapcode TutorialsTrapcode ForumMagic Bullet ForumMagic Bullet TutorialsAE TutorialsAE Forum

Smoke and Ink

COW Forums : Trapcode

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Eddy RoseSmoke and Ink
by on Feb 17, 2010 at 5:32:55 am

Hi, does anyone know where I can find a good tutorial for making something like smoke, or ink in water using Trapcode Form?

Maybe I'm not looking in the right places, but I'm finding good Form tutorials to be few and far between.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Eddy RoseRe: Smoke and Ink
by on Feb 17, 2010 at 10:19:25 pm

i'm looking for the holy grail aren't i?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Mike ParkRe: Smoke and Ink
by on Feb 17, 2010 at 10:45:17 pm

Not sure it is the holy grail, but it is more involved then a few mouse clicks. Check out Harry Frank's tutorial using Particular here:
http://www.graymachine.com/2009/04/particular-4d-fractal/

Not sure what kind of smoke you are looking for, either wispy cigarette smoke or puffy cloud or black smoke. That would change the approach and perhaps the plugin.

Mike

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Feb 18, 2010 at 2:35:06 am

no way! i love this tutorial, i was just re-watching it the other day!

Anyways what I'm loking for is more along the lines of billowing almost fluid smoke or ink being poured into water. I've done some research and from what I understand form isn't the best thing for imitating fluid dynamics.

Don't suppose anyone knows of a program specifically for mimicking fluids?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Mike ParkRe: Smoke and Ink
by on Feb 18, 2010 at 3:28:40 pm

For true fluid dynamics, you would need something like realflow or another 3d application which supports fluid dynamics...I think Maya does as well. Why not just use a movie of actual fluid or smoke. That would be the easiest thing. If you need that type of effect, check out Riot Gear from videocopilot.net It has ink bleeds which seem to be exactly what you are looking for.

Best,

Mike

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Feb 18, 2010 at 4:41:21 pm

I think this just proves the fact I need to quit dragging my feet and learn a 3d program lol. But til then I think the best solution is your suggestion to use pre made footage.

Riot gear looks right up my ally,, I'll have to save up for it,, I love how it has pre made paint splatters, I always seem to find myself painfully animating paint drops with mattes :P

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]