Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
RED GIANT SOFTWARE:Red Giant TutorialsTrapcode TutorialsTrapcode ForumMagic Bullet ForumMagic Bullet TutorialsAE TutorialsAE Forum

custom particles vanishing abruptly just before exiting camera's frame

COW Forums : Trapcode

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
manojit ghosecustom particles vanishing abruptly just before exiting camera's frame
by on Oct 30, 2009 at 8:06:14 pm

hi everyone,

got stuck with something!

i have a TC particular setup... made the particles freeze with the physics factor and prerun value... and i am using custom particle to make a 3d grid and make my camera simple pass through these particles.
everything is as desired but:
however whenever a particle is close to camera... it suddenly disappears instead of gradually passing off the frame.
this is happening more is the particle is coming head on to the camera.. the ones which are a bit away from the centere of the camera are stayig a bit longer. but even they are popping off abruptly.
my visibility option newar values are at minimal 1 for visibility and 1 for fade out.

please need help urgently!

thanks!
manu

MG

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Mike ParkRe: custom particles vanishing abruptly just before exiting camera's frame
by on Nov 2, 2009 at 2:15:25 pm

Manu,

I am not sure what the problem is? The particles just disappear when the get to a certain point? It sounds like you have one of the near vanishes turned up, but you said you set it to 1. Try resetting the vanish to the default settings and see if that clears up the problem. You should be able to pass right through a particle and have it stay on until the camera is past it. If you still cant figure it out, I could check out your comp and see what is messing it up.

Mike Park

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

manojit ghoseRe: custom particles vanishing abruptly just before exiting camera's frame
by on Nov 2, 2009 at 5:56:14 pm

dear mark,

thanks a ton for offering to help in the first place, i really appreciate it...frame 18-19,19-20,34-35,49-50 and so on... is what i am talking about.
i tried fiddling around with the far and near distance value, but no help.
here is the file: http://www.4shared.com/file/145711527/27acdea9/grid_folder.html
please let me know if you find any solutions!

thanks once again
manu

MG

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Mike ParkRe: custom particles vanishing abruptly just before exiting camera's frame
by on Nov 2, 2009 at 6:52:13 pm

Manu,

You are welcome. I am not sure why it is clipping, but you are right, it is. Do this, change the particle type from textured polygon to sprite. That should fix the problem. It does not look like you are rotating the camera, so you dont have to worry about the look of the 3d layers. This seems to fix the problem. I don't know if this is a quirk of the new software from Trapcode, but I will look into and see what I can find out. Let me know if this fixes your immediate problem.

Best,

Mike Park

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

manojit ghoseRe: custom particles vanishing abruptly just before exiting camera's frame
by on Nov 5, 2009 at 9:38:07 pm

hi

it does work. as long as i am not rotating the camera. however, creative cow didnt send me an email about your reply! and it was too late! :( anyways if you do find the solution to the clipping problem do let me know. would be helpful in the future!

thanks once again
mg

MG

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Nenad ZivanovicRe: custom particles vanishing abruptly just before exiting camera's frame
by on Nov 25, 2009 at 1:43:18 pm

Thanks man this fixed my issue to.

Keep it up ;)

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]