Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
RED GIANT SOFTWARE:Red Giant TutorialsTrapcode TutorialsTrapcode ForumMagic Bullet ForumMagic Bullet TutorialsAE TutorialsAE Forum

Trapcode Form - Missing presets after install

COW Forums : Trapcode

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Jeff HellerTrapcode Form - Missing presets after install
by on May 26, 2008 at 9:08:40 pm

Hey folks,

I have just downloaded and installed the full 1.0 version of Trapcode Form from the Red Giant website and I'd love to play around with some presets... but it appears they do not show up in AE. The plugin is installed in the correct folder (MediaCore) but I have the AE CS3 app installed on an external HD. While I don't think this makes any difference, is there a step I'm missing? Any help is appreciated, thanks.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Andrew FordRe: Trapcode Form - Missing presets after install
by on Mar 12, 2009 at 6:46:16 pm

If your presets are installed in the correct location and still aren't showing up in AE, make sure you open the "Effects & Presets" window. Sometimes if you use AE and don't have that window open, you'll find that the only option you have after applying the effect is Animation Presets: None. So, just open the "Effects & Presets" window under the "Window" menu up top (cmd-5 on the Mac). Then, you'll see all your presets load in the Animation Presets list back over in the Effects Control window.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Joseph PoleRe: Trapcode Form - Missing presets after install
by on Jul 19, 2009 at 5:49:02 am

1. in the effect controls window, (win - ctrl/shft/t) try expanding the animation presets dropdown and 'save selection as animated preset'

2. save an untitled (title it if you want) preset into the presets directory. once that's done you should be able see all of the presets in the dropdown tab again

*if, when you do step 2. the presets directory isn't displayed by default, you'll need to navigate there. Something like C:Program Files/Adobe/Adobe After Effects CS#/Support Files/Presets/Trapcode Form

hope that helps

j

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Svetoslav KolevRe: Trapcode Form - Missing presets after install
by on Jan 25, 2010 at 6:26:27 pm

Same problem here but on Mac.Any suggestions on solving ?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

greg brockmanRe: Trapcode Form - Missing presets after install
by on Oct 8, 2010 at 8:08:10 pm

I have a need for the Trapcode Particular Effects. I am using the 64 Bit version of AE CS5 & have copied the trapcode folders to: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe After Effects CS5\Support Files\Plug-ins\Trapcode\Particular.aex
My Presets folder is: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe After Effects CS5\Support Files\Presets\Trapcode Particular ffx, where I have:C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe After Effects CS5\Support Files\Presets\Trapcode Particular ffx\Trapcode HD Presets and C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe After Effects CS5\Support Files\Presets\Trapcode Particular ffx\Trapcode SDPresets folders containing various presets.

I don't seem to be able to see any of the Trapcode effects or presets in the Effects & Presets panel (type "Trapcode" in search box"), nor can I find them in the Effects dropdown menu.
What b- tha deal?
g

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Matt DuncanRe: Trapcode Form - Missing presets after install
by on Feb 22, 2011 at 11:52:20 am

Just open Adobe Bridge

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS