Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
RED GIANT SOFTWARE:Red Giant TutorialsTrapcode TutorialsTrapcode ForumMagic Bullet ForumMagic Bullet TutorialsAE TutorialsAE Forum

Animated swarm question

COW Forums : Trapcode

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
markadamsAnimated swarm question
by on Sep 10, 2007 at 6:18:16 am

Hi all,
Got redirected over here from the AE forum. I want to create a swarm of dots (flies) that swarms like a flock of birds, following a leader (been reading michael crichtons 'prey')
The dots don't have to be any more than just dots but they do have to appear to have intelligent swarming capabilities and the ability to assimilate a shape would be rather good too.
Is this something i can do with particular and AE?
Any good tutorials out there that come near what i would like to achieve??

Thanks in advance
Mark

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Peder NorrbyRe: Animated swarm question
by on Sep 13, 2007 at 6:59:51 am

Yes, there are two ways to do it with Trapcode Particular:

1. Use the built in t_SwarmFireflies and animate the Emitter Position. The particles appear to swarm around following the emitter - but it is a trick, as one dies a new one is born closer to the emitter. Works great in most cases and is super easy to set up.

2. Use the Motion Path functinality, the particles will progress on the Motion Path when they are born. Then add some spin and/or turbulence to make them swarm around a bit. Harder to setup but will give a real swarm motion.

Peder Norrby / Trapcode

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]