OceanSplash is a splash generator for Maya. It is a plug-in dedicated to creating awesome splashes for animated objects/characters in seconds, that otherwise would require even for an expert to spend days in order to create just 'ONE'.
2) Independent and dedicated splash engines are built for every assigned object or curve
3) Splash engines can detect ocean/pond surface contact and can read precise wave movements
4) Splash engine for curves, emit floating particles that can be controlled by a shape/transformation controller curve
5) The plugin allows the user to switch off splash engine/s if required, when working on something else in the scene, and switch them on when needed.
6) Splash engine could be built for ordinary particles or nParticles.
7) Simulation settings can be saved as presets
8) The plugin allow to Export selected or All *oSp-objects from the current scene .
9) User can Import just *oSp-object/s to an Ocean/Pond of the current scene, or along with ocean/pond from the import file as is.
10) User can Import an *oSp-object multiple times to the same ocean/pond and they all work independently.
*oSp-object is an object that is assigned to oceansplash
UNDER THE HOOD
Oceansplash uses Maya’s resident resources to build an *oSpEngine for the selected object that then takes charge of generating splashy, floating particles at every encounter it has with the Maya ocean or pond. Two types of particles are generated to depict a splash, one at every contact and forms a trail for moving objects and the other at a hard contact that behaves like foam and stays for a shorter time on ocean or pond surface. The intensity of a splash and the amount of foam particles generated for an object depends on the intensity of the impact. This plug-in is nParticle compatible and allows you to choose between ordinary particles and nParticles, before building an oSpEngine.
By using this plug-in you can create splash effects for:
1) A fish jumping off and falling back into an ocean ( checkout oceansplash.in Homepage)
2) Ships or submarine at ocean surface
3) Sea shore effect where particles are generated at ocean and shore contact
4) Plane crashing into sea
5) And the list goes on..
You can assign as many objects as you like in a scene to oceanSplash.
OceanSplash is a very sophisticated software. It picks objects from a selection that it needs when creating, editing, exporting and importing oSp-objects. Thus working with it is very easy.
*oSpEngine or splash engine, is built by oceansplash plug-in for the objects that are assigned to it. oSpEngines are responsible for detecting ocean/pond contact and for generating particles in a way that look and behave like a splash. oSpEngines also allows itself to be wired directly to the Edit interface for editing.