Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
MAYA:MAYA ForumMAYA TutorialsMAYA

Size of the object in cm, mm, meters...

COW Forums : MAYA

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
fabricio casarinSize of the object in cm, mm, meters...
by on Apr 11, 2009 at 1:10:00 pm

Hi, I don't found the size of an object in Maya, ex.: I have a chair and I want know the size, for the proportions of the scene, in cm or mm or meters... I saw the scale, x=1 y=1 z=1, but not the real size.
Help me please.

Fabricio

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Julio OrdoñezRe: Size of the object in cm, mm, meters...
by on Apr 14, 2009 at 11:27:12 pm

Hi, how're you doing?

The measure units by default on Maya are cm but there are different units tha Maya can work with, such as mm, meters, inches, feet or yards. If you want to be sure about the units that you're using you can go to the Window menu then to Settings/Preferences menu and then click on Preferences, now you can see a new window where there are several options at the left side, now choose the Settings option and you can see now at the right side the values for that option. There's a box with the lable Working Units and the units you need are the Linear, ther you can choose the option you want or just let them to cm.

Now for measuring your object Maya provides a very useful tool, go to the Create menu and then to the Measure Tools menu and then click on Distance Tool, you can see how the cursor changes to a + symbol, after that click once where you want to start measuring and then click again where you want to finish, and that's it, now you have the size of your object, the result number is given in the units that you picked up earlier.

That's all and I hope this information to be useful.

Julio.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  
+1

fabricio casarinRe: Size of the object in cm, mm, meters...
by on Apr 15, 2009 at 4:50:38 pm

Thank you Julio. Did not know that option exists, but is there any way to display automatically when the I'm create the object?
Thanks again.

Fabricio

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]