Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
MAYA:MAYA ForumMAYA TutorialsMAYA

Maya & Mighty Mouse: How do I pan?

COW Forums : MAYA

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Sean CorcoranMaya & Mighty Mouse: How do I pan?
by on Oct 16, 2008 at 4:09:11 pm

I'm pretty new to Maya, so please bear with me. I'm using an Apple Mighty Mouse with Maya today, and I cannot for the life of me figure out how to pan. Is there a key I need to press to pan?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

jim cascarinaRe: Maya & Mighty Mouse: How do I pan?
by on Oct 24, 2008 at 3:57:30 pm

if the track ball is also a button then that's the one to press, if not go to your prefs and you can change them to work with a three,two or one button mouse, but if your serious about maya, (and it pains me to say this as a mac user) invest in a microsoft three button mouse straight away.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Sean CorcoranRe: Maya & Mighty Mouse: How do I pan?
by on Oct 24, 2008 at 4:05:50 pm

I do have the mouse's scrollball set to be the third button, and I have told Maya that I am using a three button mouse, but still no panning. I can use the scrollball to zoom in and out, but I still can't pan left to right. I can navigate on every other axis, but I can't pan. What I can't figure out is how to add the keyboard modifier to activate 'pan' mode.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Oct 24, 2008 at 4:13:22 pm

are you holding down alt? because you need to do that as well, sorry I wasn't sure how much you new already, thought it was a mouse specific question.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Sean CorcoranRe: Maya & Mighty Mouse: How do I pan?
by on Oct 24, 2008 at 4:14:56 pm

I've tried ALT, I've tried shift+ALT, I've tried just about every key combination I can think of, and still no panning. That's okay, though, because I have a couple Logitech mice at home that I'm sure I can set up to use. Here at the office, I only have this Mighty Mouse, which is kind of a pain. Thanks for the help, though.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Oct 24, 2008 at 4:21:49 pm

Sorry,

weird if you have set it up in the system prefs and maya prefs I don't know.

if all else fails restart. if my maya has been running for a couple of days it starts to act up?

good luck

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Erin LaniRe: Maya & Mighty Mouse: How do I pan?
by on Nov 28, 2008 at 9:39:59 pm

i just switched my mouse as well, to a microsoft optical mouse 3000.i'm on a mac and i'm assuming the same preferences are used (essentially) and i've been having the same issues. i first changed the global settings to a specific program - maya - then i selected the wheel button and switched it to "handled by mac os." after a few weeks of pushing useless buttons, i figured mine out - maybe it'll help you :)

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Post removed.

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]