Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
MAYA:MAYA ForumMAYA TutorialsMAYA

Crash When Opening Channel Control

COW Forums : MAYA

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
William GadeaCrash When Opening Channel Control
by on Mar 3, 2008 at 5:42:30 pm

I'm running Maya 8.5 on a Mac G5 Leopard. In different projects and situations, Maya repeatedly crashes when I try to open the channel control. Any ideas what's going on?

New York-based Editor-Compositor

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

William GadeaRe: Crash When Opening Channel Control
by on Mar 12, 2008 at 6:31:12 pm

I got this fixed, so I thought I would post in case someone else has the same problem. This is an 8.5 bug, subsequently fixed. To work around, just open the channel control, THEN select object you want to edit.

New York-based Editor-Compositor

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Curt SaeuiRe: Crash When Opening Channel Control
by on Jul 29, 2009 at 12:09:35 am

Tried the above and it still was consistently crashing and really pissing me off (8.5 on Intel mac). I figured out a work around so I'd though I'd share in case anyone else was having the same issue. Go to applications > find you maya app and then 'get info'. Check the 'open with rosetta' box, then reopen maya and apply your channel control window jazz. Save, quit, go back and uncheck 'open with rosetta', reopen your scene and it should work. Cheers!

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]