Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Canon XA 10 How do you focus the fore object and blur the background?

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Raf ErosaCanon XA 10 How do you focus the fore object and blur the background?
by on Oct 15, 2012 at 12:31:09 pm

How do I focus on the object in a scene and blur or keep out of focus the background?

I have turned off auto focus, but it still seems to kick back on or re-focus.

Give me a step by step please.

(After this gig I am selling this camera. Let me know if you want to buy it)

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Craig AlanRe: Canon XA 10 How do you focus the fore object and blur the background?
by on Oct 22, 2012 at 5:59:06 am

use a tripod. Set camera for manual focus and manual adjustment of exposure. Use the lowest F stop you can. If you are overexposed, lower the levels of your light. use a neutral density filter on your lens, or built in. increase the distance between your subject and your background. increase the distance between your camera and your subject and focus tight on your subject.
if all that doesn't work you need a different camera with a larger chip. Try a DSLR.

MacPro4,1 2.66GHz 8 core 12gigs of ram. GPU: Nvidia Geoforce GT120 with Vram 512. OS X 10.6.x; Camcorders: Panasonic AG-HPX170, Sony Z7U, Canon HV30/40, Sony vx2000/PD170; FCP 6 certified; write professionally for a variety of media; teach video production in L.A.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]