Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Downloading video from canon vixia HV30

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Shyam Prasad KumpatiDownloading video from canon vixia HV30
by on Jul 27, 2010 at 7:26:05 pm

All,

Is there anyway of downloading the video captured in Cananon Vixia HV30 to my desktop except using a firewire cable(I am assuming this cable is same as DV cable)?

Thanks,
Shyam

Shyam Prasad Kumpati

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Bob DixRe: Downloading video from canon vixia HV30
by on Jul 27, 2010 at 9:24:58 pm

As far as I know you can only Capture the HV30's HDV via a IEEE 1394A Card to Premiere Pro , it will show the download via it's LCD and then open in the Project window. The USB2 connection is only for still images, we have been using the HV20 upgraded by Canon Technical for over 3 years now and there has never been a problem with quality, we even use this videocamcorder as a VTR for Exporting the output of the Canon 5D mark II to professional tape from Premiere Pro at 1440 x 1080p and then played into a Sony Bravia 46" via the HDMI input.

The result is Broadcast Quality.

Freelance Imaging & Video
AUSTRALIA

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Brian LouisRe: Downloading video from canon vixia HV30
by on Jul 28, 2010 at 4:59:56 pm

You can use either the firewire or HDMI to capture from the HV30, firewire if your computer has a port is the less expensive, If you want to capture via HDMI you need devices like the BlackMagic Design Intensity Pro, or a Matrox MX02mini, another advantage is if you have a Matrox or BlackMagic device you can capture full frame 1920x1080 using the HV30 as a live camera

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Shyam Prasad KumpatiRe: Downloading video from canon vixia HV30
by on Aug 1, 2010 at 8:56:38 am

Many thanks for all of you..I guess I need to replace my old computer with something that is having a firewire port.

Shyam Prasad Kumpati

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Bob DixRe: Downloading video from canon vixia HV30
by on Aug 3, 2010 at 5:34:12 am

Or buy a Firewire card and install, about $50. Check specifications of computer if you intend to do High Definition ?

Freelance Imaging & Video
AUSTRALIA

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]