Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

canon ZR-200 mini dv problem

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Lynne Desjardinscanon ZR-200 mini dv problem
by on Mar 2, 2008 at 4:43:31 am

I use this little ZR-200 for video pass-through into my editing system, and it's getting harder to find cameras with this function so I'd like to fix the problem. It's sending out a pixelated/broken signal on one side of the frame on dv playback. I tried using a cleaning tape but it did no good. Any suggestions as to what the problem might be and how to fix it? Thanks.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Matte BlumeRe: canon ZR-200 mini dv problem
by on Mar 3, 2008 at 2:48:17 pm

You say it happens in "DV playback."
Do you mean when play a tape that was recorded on another camera?
Something to consider is that the tapes may have been recorded on a camera with problems of its own.

------------------

If you think its a DV playback problem in the ZR-200:

Could be a stubborn head-clog.

Cleaning tapes are not very effective, but they certainly can be destructive.

You need to get the unit to a qualified tech for a wet-cleaning of the heads.

If the problem persists, you might have to ship the camera to an authorized shop and have the heads aligned.

This, BTW, is going to be very expensive, especially compared to the relatively low value of the camera.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Lynne DesjardinsRe: canon ZR-200 mini dv problem
by on Mar 3, 2008 at 8:02:41 pm

It's definitely not the tapes, I know they are good, so it's the playback in the camera itself. Probably will be less expensive just to find another used ZR200 than to get it fixed! Like I said, I am only using it as a pass-through into my editing system, and don't want to spend $$$ to get a new camera that has that function.

Lynne Desjardins

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Kevin HammRe: canon ZR-200 mini dv problem
by on Mar 7, 2008 at 11:21:12 am

[Lynne Desjardins] "as a pass-through into my editing system"

Do you mean you are using this in place of a deck? I'm going to guess yes and give you a couple other options for what might be wrong.

1) check your connections and cables. In fact, unplug and swap out the cables you are using currently (firewire, probably, although you could be using S-video or something else, who knows) and get different, preferably new cables, and, after cleaning the ports with a can of compressed air, plug everything back in, test the system.

2) Assuming that you're using firewire connections, swap the connection to another port on the computer/editing system. You probably have a few, try them. You won't believe the problems that can happen when a port is broken in a non-completely-broken way.

3) Keep an eye open on DealsOnTheWeb.com as they had a deal for a zr800 last week for something like 180 bucks.

Hope something here helps!

kev~!

Kevin Hamm
Video, Web, Print and coloring books.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Tami OdellRe: canon ZR-200 mini dv problem
by on Feb 21, 2011 at 5:08:43 pm

My ZR200 will not keep the cassette in it. It beeps 5 times then says to remove cassette. WHy

Tami Odell

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]