Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Problem With Canon ZR800 - Newbie, please help!

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Judy McQueenProblem With Canon ZR800 - Newbie, please help!
by on Jan 5, 2008 at 8:56:09 pm

Hello,
I just got a Canon XR800 for Christmas. The unit works great except for one thing..an extremely annoying flashing icon. At first glance I thought it was a low-battery icon but after consulting the manual, the icon that is flashing doesn't resemble any of the icons shown in the manual in the troubleshooting section. The icon is cylinder shaped but both ends of the cylinder are angled. There is a line through the cylinder shape and a little arrow above it that points to the right. Does anyone know what this could be? I am new to camcorders and after reading the whole users manual that came with the unit, I am no closer to figuring out what the heck this icon is..or how to get rid of it. Please help!

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Todd at Fantastic PlasticRe: Problem With Canon ZR800 - Newbie, please help!
by on Jan 6, 2008 at 2:25:31 am

I can't be 100% sure as I am not at all familiar with the little ZR800 and don't have that particular camera to reference.... but based on my other Canon cameras, your description sounds like that is the indicator telling you the camera's battery is either dead or not intalled.

I'm not talking about the "main" camera battery... but a little auxilliary button-type "watch battery"... which keeps the camera's time/date and all that good jazz set when the main camera battery is disconnected. If so, there is probably a tiny compartment somewhere on your camera (probably almost hidden) that contains this little battery (or lack thereof). The higher-end Canon cameras have a little battery like this, and the warning icon for those looks a lot like your description. Hopefully that's all it is.

If that's it, you do NOT have to install the little battery for the camera to function pefectly normally. However you DO have to install it to get rid of the annoying warning icon... or for the camera to remember time/date.

T2

fantasticplastic.com

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Sarah Conradsame issue!!!
by on Apr 19, 2011 at 6:28:33 pm

I have the same problem...Im not sure if you have gotten yours fixed or not. If you have ANY advice!!!!! Thanks

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Bill ConnRe: same issue!!!
by on Jun 1, 2011 at 4:17:18 pm

Yes, the indicator is telling you that the backup-battery needs replacing. Remove the battery and you'll see a gray flap covering the dime-sized CR1616 battery compartment.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]