Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

What LGA 1155 MB for CS5,5

COW Forums : Windows Hardware & Software

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Bill ZowakWhat LGA 1155 MB for CS5,5
by on May 22, 2011 at 6:43:29 pm

Any ideas on a tried and true LGA CS5.5 MB if one exists.. Anybody have an up and running system who could give a heads up on possible or known problems. I want to use the Intel Core i7-2600K Sandy Bridge 3.4GHz Processor and 16 gig ram

Any Help is appreciated

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Todd PerchertRe: What LGA 1155 MB for CS5,5
by on May 23, 2011 at 2:12:42 pm

You'd probably be better off posting what you would like to get, and get a response that way as to what people think about it - good or bad. There are a lot of really good mobos available that will work very well.
TC

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Bill ZowakRe: What LGA 1155 MB for CS5,5
by on May 23, 2011 at 3:27:49 pm

Good Tip!

The board I am leaning to purchasing is:
ASUS P8P67 DELUXE (REV 3.0) LGA 1155 Intel P67 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

Seen here:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131701&Tpk=asus%20...

This board also has the pro ver just under the deluxe... small $ difference and deluxe has many more reviews to consider. I do know how to pick out the reviews that need not apply here. It seems to me that the majority of bad reviews are OC related. I will not be OC these systems.

If this MB then probably this memory (16 or 24 gig?):
G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Desktop Memory Model F3-10666CL9D-8GBXL
seen here:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231426

I know this MB has only 4 mem slots.. since I have not decided on MB I have not as yet put much effort into Mem Config.

any advice on 16gig or should I go more? Money not really too big of an issue and memory is cheap.... My feeling is that its best to go with more if there are no problems involved. I know the larger chips will have a premium $ still.

Thanks again.... appreciate the input

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on May 23, 2011 at 5:46:31 pm

Ok. It looks good. One thing I notice is that it only has 2 PCIe x 16 slot. But if you use the second slot you only get x8 in both. So if you put your video card in the first x16 and that Areca card in the second, your video card won't get the x16 speed - not good for your PPro. Also, why not bump up to the 1600 RAM, and if using AE a lot I would add more RAM.
Check out benchmarks for many systems here: http://ppbm5.com/Benchmark5.html
TC

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on May 23, 2011 at 6:37:26 pm

Try this one. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131714
Has more slots available at x16 and x8. Only $30 more.
TC

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on May 24, 2011 at 2:01:26 am

Todd,

Im not even going to try to thank you tonight. no time on line.. did not want this to go unnoticed. I will check out this board in morn and get back to you.... your help is much appreciated..

Bill

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Andrew FordRe: What LGA 1155 MB for CS5,5
by on May 24, 2011 at 4:42:29 pm

These are the types of posts I like to chime in on, but was out of the country... anyway you were in the more than capable hands of Todd!

You may very well want to go with more than 16gb RAM if you use AE a lot. If you choose to Render Multiple Frames Simultaneously, AE can and will use every bit of those 16GB of RAM.

---------------------------------------------
Always design with a purpose.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on May 24, 2011 at 10:30:45 pm

Todd, Andrew,

Thanks so much for the input. That MB looks like the one to go with and them memory i posted was too quick. it was just to fill the gap. I will go with 1600. The end user does not use AE just yet but I do try to encourage them so I would consider more than 16gig.. any suggestions? where to purchase? newegg seems to top out at 4 gig chips and MB only has 4 slots.

Thanks again guys...

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on May 25, 2011 at 1:54:09 pm

Newegg is usually where I end up. Look for Dual Channel kits. The kits usually have larger RAM chips available. And of course, I just did a quick check. You're right. Didn't see anything larger than 4...

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on May 25, 2011 at 2:00:56 pm

I thought I had larger RAM in my system... Ends up all 4GB sticks - Triple Channel kits.
TC

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on May 25, 2011 at 2:11:31 pm

Yes... I cant find them anywhere... Im a big newegg user but have microcenter near by and tiger direct. problem is the company can buy from certain places only. I got them to start buying from newegg and now microcenter. The boards I use at home have triple chan also so I have 6 chips. Guess I will go with 16gig and by the time the needs arise 8gig chips will be around. The MB you suggested can handle 32 gig but cant find 4 x8 just now.

Thanks for all the input. Im working on a new list, contains your suggestions, and will post today. Give it a once over if you get a chance... send me your paypal and I will buy you a beer (or something)

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on May 25, 2011 at 2:27:22 pm

Along with Newegg, I shop at Amazon for many items.
TC

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Andrew FordRe: What LGA 1155 MB for CS5,5
by on May 26, 2011 at 4:25:04 pm

Besides NewEgg, I like pricewatch.com, which you can filter by parts and cheapest price for almost any component. Crucial is a good place for RAM as well.

Always design with a purpose.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]