Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

QuickTime Error 46 (Windows 7 64-bit)

COW Forums : Windows Hardware & Software

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Ben DonovanQuickTime Error 46 (Windows 7 64-bit)
by on Oct 18, 2010 at 10:21:52 pm

First of all, I am not sure where exactly I should have posted this question, but I'm running Windows 7 64-bit, so I decided to post it here.

I am having a problem with QuickTime. It will no longer open or play any videos. It does not show up as an option to playback videos, but it is in my list of installed programs. When I try to open it, I get this message:

"Error 46: Could not load or find QuickTime ActiveX control."

I had recently installed a new GPU (Nvidia GeForce GTS 250), and the latest version of iTunes (iTunes 10). I have uninstalled and reinstalled the card drivers (did not solve the problem), and I have uninstalled and reinstalled both iTunes and QuickTime, to no avail. I even tried installing older versions of both, also to no avail.

I googled the problem, and the most common solution (which seemed to work for everyone who tried it) was to install subinacl, and download a batch file called "reset" (or "reseten"... I have tried both), then run the command promp as administrator, and run the batch file. As I said, this seemed to work for everyone else. But when I try this (I have now tried it at least six times), I get the same result each time- every single step fails. I can post the results if that would help anyone.

Short of buying new software online, I have no way to play back my H.264 MOVs and MP4s in their highest possible quality. This messes up everything for me... Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]