Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
DVD AUTHORING:Forum- TutorialsEncore DVD Forum- TutorialsDVD Workshop, UleadDVDit, SonicApple DVD Forum- Tutorials

Extracting .EVO from HD DVD?

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Cansen YilmazExtracting .EVO from HD DVD?
by on Oct 7, 2012 at 6:54:32 pm

I don't think i've ever posted in here, I sometimes selfishly resolve my issues through others on here but today I ran into a real dilemma.

I received back a HD DVD that I burnt for a couple for their wedding video (this was before I could do Blu-Rays, yes i know HD DVD's are dead) I just gave it to them as an option.

Unfortunately for me they came back to me a few months later (I know, ridiculous) saying that they wanted a few changes (credits, etc) All easily done without the need to open up FCP project files. HOWEVER last month my hard drive corrupted and i lost all data and so i don't have the original video files. So somehow I need to get these HD files off of the HD DVD, they're in a .evo extension. I need to convert these files to something i can use, (mov, mp4, mkv, anything really!)

I scoured the web and i've been through at least 10 different converters , I even paid around £39 for one 'aunsoft video converter', and the converter still wouldn't convert it properly. The closest i've got is the audio extracted with a still of the first frame. The aunsoft one was able to play it, and i'm able to play it on my mac as well as you can with HD DVD's. But I just can't get the files into a usable format :(

So to the point. DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO EXTRACT or CONVERT .EVO FILES SUCCESSFULLY? I WILL PAY GOOD MONEY :.(,

thanks,

Cansen

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

eric pautschRe: Extracting .EVO from HD DVD?
by on Oct 7, 2012 at 10:02:40 pm

I've used EVO Extract with this in the past. DVDLogic now offers there HD DVD demuxer free

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Cansen YilmazRe: Extracting .EVO from HD DVD?
by on Oct 8, 2012 at 12:59:29 am

Hi eric,

thanks for the reply,

I'm running Mac OSX, and I've already tried the demuxer but their standard DVD demuxer won't work with HD DVD, can't find a HD DVD demuxer for mac?

Cansen

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Oct 8, 2012 at 2:19:22 am

Im sorry its called EVO Demux. All that kind of obscure software is PC only. I just tried it and it works fine....but PC only unfortunately

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Oct 8, 2012 at 7:31:53 pm

Ahh dear :/ Mac's still aren't at the forefront of software technology. Thanks anyway,

any other ideas anybody? So then I am currently on the search for someone with a PC

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Oct 8, 2012 at 7:35:48 pm

Well Mac as never been know for its array of software :)

If you want to send me a HDD, I'll convert it to ProRes for you. ericpautsch at gma(il)

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Oct 8, 2012 at 8:19:45 pm

You would be a lifesaver if you could do it Eric! What do you mean by HDD sorry, could I send you the .evo files via wetransfer or the likes of?

Cansen

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Oct 8, 2012 at 8:26:39 pm

On a Hard Drive

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Oct 8, 2012 at 8:37:36 pm

So you mean post it? Could I send you it on data disc, my hard drive is always in use,

Cansen

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Oct 8, 2012 at 8:49:47 pm

You can send a disc but I'll need a Hard drive to send back the ProRes

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Oct 8, 2012 at 9:13:00 pm

Hi eric, could you e-mail me at cansenyilmaz@hotmail.co.uk, I'll send off a usb stick, if you can convert it to anything smaller would be perfect, if not not to worry, thanks again for your help.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]