Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
DVD AUTHORING:Forum- TutorialsEncore DVD Forum- TutorialsDVD Workshop, UleadDVDit, SonicApple DVD Forum- Tutorials

Software Product Box- Packaging

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Randall LeagueSoftware Product Box- Packaging
by on Apr 22, 2012 at 1:37:50 pm

I have an educational product that is 7 dvds, 2 cds and a 30 page workbook. The dvds and cd's I plan on putting in a 10 dvd jewel case.I looked at "box" packaging companies but they want you to buy 5000. Does anyone know of any stores that sell blank software like boxes that I could then print on my own? Or some solution along those lines?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

eric pautschRe: Software Product Box- Packaging
by on Apr 22, 2012 at 2:15:56 pm

Any reputable DVD replication company could do this. ....like DiscMasters

This is something you would do as a package. Once you get everything completed, you'd send it off to a replicator for tha packaging

You wouldnt do this at home since you'd need a special printer and doing unit by unit printing and packaging would cost too much. My point is that if you want the special professional looking packaging every consumer is used to, you will need to pay in bulk

Maybe go to a local printer to make the boxes and you can print the individual jewel cases at home?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Steve BrameRe: Software Product Box- Packaging
by on Apr 22, 2012 at 3:55:45 pm

Ditto to Eric's post. We routinely package DVD's for our productions, and generally no more than 500 dual DVD cases. We have a 10 disc duplicating tower, and a higher end printer for printing the case insert labels, plus a Primera disc printer.

The reason I say 'no more than 500', is because we once did a 500 dual disc job, and afterwards swore that we never would again. Taking into account the actual costs of the materials, you can actually make $$. However, you have to understand that your time is worth money as well, and that level of packaging require automation to be profitable, and not send you straight to the funny farm. 5000 multi-disc packages, and I'll guarantee you'll be on the local news threatening to jump from a bridge.

-------------------------------------------
"98% of all computer issues can be solved by simply pressing 'F1'."
Steve Brame
creative illusions Productions

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]