Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
DVD AUTHORING:Forum- TutorialsEncore DVD Forum- TutorialsDVD Workshop, UleadDVDit, SonicApple DVD Forum- Tutorials

What is the best way to capture video files to be used for distribution?

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Sabreena UngerWhat is the best way to capture video files to be used for distribution?
by on Apr 18, 2012 at 9:31:44 pm

We are starting up with a new distributor, and I need to give them the authored DVD files of the films that they will be distributing. We have DVDs that have been made for every film, but for some of the films we have, which had been part of a television series, the versions that we have on DVD all have bumpers and blacks in the middle of them, so they are not useable. I don't know where the versions without blacks are, so it looks like I'm going to have to just go in and cut out the bumpers and blacks myself, and re-export the files.

Now my question to you, the good people of the Creative Cow community, is what is the best way to do this? We have DVD and Mini DV versions of these films (which were shot in SD), does it make sense to use the files off of the DVD, or re-capture the MiniDV tapes? Or is there another/easier way to deal with this that I've overlooked?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Steve BrameRe: What is the best way to capture video files to be used for distribution?
by on Apr 19, 2012 at 12:54:52 am

Chances are your MiniDv tapes were created from a direct output of the timeline when the project was edited. The DVD is a highly compressed version of this. Re-edit with the highest quality version - the MiniDV.

-------------------------------------------
"98% of all computer issues can be solved by simply pressing 'F1'."
Steve Brame
creative illusions Productions

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Matt TownleyRe: What is the best way to capture video files to be used for distribution?
by on Apr 19, 2012 at 2:34:51 am

Yup - what Steve said. Always avoid having to re-edit or capture something off of DVD if at all possible.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]