Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
DVD AUTHORING:Forum- TutorialsEncore DVD Forum- TutorialsDVD Workshop, UleadDVDit, SonicApple DVD Forum- Tutorials

Is it possible to swap VOB files?

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Matt HallIs it possible to swap VOB files?
by on Jun 1, 2005 at 7:59:33 pm

Here's my deal. I want to make customized DVDs, where i trade out an introductory, first play video for each dvd, for each person. I want to somewhat automate this, and not have to go into an authoring program to build each one. Is there a way I can build the DVD, then swap one VOB file for a new one? I would then burn with toast or similar. Also, how would i generate that new single VOB file? many thanks.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

BorjisRe: Is it possible to swap VOB files?
by on Jun 1, 2005 at 8:25:07 pm

I don't think you can do that unless you use files that
are the same exact size and duration down to the timecode frame.

use some generic name for the file.

make the first one Disc.

drop your second one in on top with the same name.

make that Disc.

and so on......

Thats the only way I can think of.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Matt HallRe: Is it possible to swap VOB files?
by on Jun 1, 2005 at 8:39:16 pm

Thanks for the reply. That's the approach I've been trying. I made my new file the exact same length, buty I don't think I can control the size exactly. Why do you think the size would that matter?

But also I don't know the way to create a VOB file from a new file without using an authoring software. I tried to cheat by just renaming an mpeg i exported from fcp, but that didn't seem to work.

Matt Hall
Director, Digital Post
CCG MetaMedia, Inc.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Pierre-LucRe: Is it possible to swap VOB files?
by on Jun 1, 2005 at 8:59:41 pm

To get a VOB file you must use a software that can do that, as ProCoder(Canopus). This VOB file is a "program stream", and your single mpeg file is an "elementary stream". ProCoder let you configure the output. So I'm not sure, but I think it could work well with it, then just rename to VTS_...VOB.

Let me know

Pete

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Matt HallRe: Is it possible to swap VOB files?
by on Jun 2, 2005 at 1:52:39 pm

Thanks for the input. I'll give procoder a shot or maybe sorenson squeeze or compressor. Program stream means that the audio and video have been "muxed" together right?

Matt Hall
Director, Digital Post
CCG MetaMedia, Inc.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Pierre-LucRe: Is it possible to swap VOB files?
by on Jun 2, 2005 at 2:40:20 pm

Right. Program stream --> VOB --> Muxed file.

Pete

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

DimadRe: Is it possible to swap VOB files?
by on Jun 30, 2005 at 8:55:28 pm

You can do it in few mouse clicks with DvdReMake Pro: http://www.dimadsoft.com/dvdremakepro

Replacement cells don't need to be same size (program will take care of this and will modify all the needed info where required), but should contain same audio/sub streams and be of a same video format.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]