Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Greenscreen info

COW Forums : Cinematography

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
William BurrusGreenscreen info
by on May 19, 2012 at 5:48:28 pm

I have a room 14'X35' and 7 1/2' high.
Would like to create FULLEST greenscreen potential from this sized room.
Suggestions?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Jonathan ZieglerRe: Greenscreen info
by on May 20, 2012 at 1:44:10 pm

Depends on whether you want a permanent solution or not and what your budget is like. For that size I'd say try using just one wall painted green or use fabric. The height is of concern - 7-1/2 feet is tough because your shots are limited to head-on unless you want to paint the ceiling and floor, but then you may want to look into getting some styrofoam and making an infinity wall and soundproofing the ceiling. The options just keep growing. Cowboy studios on amazon has some good temp options (large 10'x20' green screen fabric) as does tubetape.com. Shop around and find something to suit your budget and leave room for lights (light green screen separate from talent), soundproofing, camera in various positions, talent, props, etc. consider your workflow in terms of your software, too - how to pull your mattes efficiently will be driven by your setup.

We converted a 2 car garage into a 2 1/2 walled green room with all rounded corners, separate lighting for the walls, soundproofing, etc. it cost a small fortune, but it was worth it. Your eyes get funny with that much green too! ;)

Jonathan Ziegler
http://www.electrictiger.com/
520-360-8293

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Mark SuszkoRe: Greenscreen info
by on May 21, 2012 at 2:11:20 pm

Remember the green only needs to be a little larger than the largest thing you're going to shoot. The rest gets taken away using masking tools.

What I would do is build a cove into one of the room's corners, so you could get 2 simultaneous camera angles shot. With one flat wall/cove, you get the second angle by turning all the actors and props, with ot without a rotating floor, then shooting again with the same camera. Sometimes a 2-camera shoot is a bigger time-saver.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

William BurrusRe: Greenscreen info
by on May 21, 2012 at 2:44:15 pm

Thanks so very much.
Neat site.
Written for over 40 yr.
Never submitted anything.
Can do the Avid thing and have become connected with capable production crew (lots of untapped talent working in the "real world"). Certainly, there's no shortage of inactive actors/actresses out there.
Thought I might produce some of my creations myself.
People say their good.
But, what do they know?!
"Only he who attempts the ridiculous can achieve the impossible".
Cervantes was a freak.
Like me.
Thanks again.
ps. if you're interested in reading one of my pieces (and why would you be?!), i'll gladly email it to you.
burrus1206@aol.com

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]