Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Upgrading Camera Gear--need advice

COW Forums : Cinematography

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Carlton RahmaniUpgrading Camera Gear--need advice
by on Oct 14, 2010 at 6:28:32 am

I'm looking to spend about $2,000 (or thereabouts) to upgrade my shooting gear and am looking for some insight. The cameras I'm currently considering are the Canon XL2, Panasonic DVX100B, and the new Sony NEX-VG10.

I've seen both the XL2 and DVX in use on various projects, and heard great things about both of them. But I'm also trying to stay away from mini-DV, too, if possible. The Sony NEX seems to have some promise, though it hasn't been road tested enough, and I would like to have the option for variable framerates.

My 'forte' has been editing for the last couple of years, and I'm happy with what I have in that department. But I need to capture better images. . .make the next step up, even if it is just to the 'prosumer' level for the time being.

Suggestions?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Jason JenkinsRe: Upgrading Camera Gear--need advice
by on Oct 14, 2010 at 6:25:07 pm

Find yourself a used HVX200. You can shoot in SD or HD, variable frame rates, etc...

Jason Jenkins
Flowmotion Media
Video production... with style!

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Mark SuszkoRe: Upgrading Camera Gear--need advice
by on Oct 14, 2010 at 9:59:09 pm

I really like that little camera. Particularly the earlier one that gave you tape and P2 cards as options.

We spend more on just a lens here than a lot of people spend on the new "entry-level" HD camcorders. That's disturbing on many levels.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]