Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
MOTION GRAPHICS:Motion Graphics ForumMotion Graphics TutorialsAfter EffectsApple MotionBoris FXProfessionals

Ways to create the illusion of movement for still photographs

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Rok PicassoWays to create the illusion of movement for still photographs
by on Jun 15, 2012 at 3:30:04 am

Hello. What are some creative ways to create the illusion of movement, especially fast movement, for still photographs in an After Effects video?

I'm certainly [not] looking for anything ultra-realistic here, but just the artistic, creative effort of adding a bit of dynamism to a still photo, and give it that illusion of movement. An example that comes to mind is the dashing background behind soccer players in some Japanese soccer anime, but of course I'd love to hear about another creative idea. And examples of photos that I may use with such an effect include a photo of a cropped sports car, and a photo of a cropped athlete just about to shoot a ball or make impact.

Many thanks for anyone taking the time to share tips.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Andrey SibiryakovRe: Ways to create the illusion of movement for still photographs
by on Jun 15, 2012 at 7:03:53 am

Hope this would be helpful to your
http://forums.creativecow.net/thread/2/890006

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Rok PicassoRe: Ways to create the illusion of movement for still photographs
by on Jun 15, 2012 at 9:37:22 am

Thank you, Andrey. Andrew Kramer's 3D Compositing video tutorial will surely help.

Hope some others will have extra creative tips to share, especially regarding effects on the still photo itself, or a sort of dynamic background that would make it look like it is moving or dashing.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]