Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
MOTION GRAPHICS:Motion Graphics ForumMotion Graphics TutorialsAfter EffectsApple MotionBoris FXProfessionals

Tutorial: What's new in After Effects CS6: Shapes from Vector Layers

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Kevin P McAuliffeTutorial: What's new in After Effects CS6: Shapes from Vector Layers
by on Apr 30, 2012 at 4:36:22 pm

Adobe After Effects
What's new in After Effects CS6: Shapes from Vector LayersWhat's new in After Effects CS6: Shapes from Vector Layers

In this tutorial, Kevin P McAuliffe shows you how, using the great new "Create Shapes from Vector Layers" command in After Effects CS6, you can create 3D extruded client logos in minutes, as opposed to having to wait hours for a 3D application to render it out.

Tutorial, Video Tutorial   04/30/2012
Author: Kevin P McAuliffe

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

stephen dixonRe: What's new in After Effects CS6: Shapes from Vector Layers
by on Dec 5, 2012 at 11:09:35 am

Thanks for posting about this new feature. But one criticism: it's so painful to watch you manually repeating things over and over when you could be copy-pasting. For example when you extrude the layers, you only need to set the extrusion for one, select the I-beams for the extrusion style and depth, then ctr/cmd-c ctrl/cmd-v to the other layers. Instead you spend a good minute tediously twirling and clicking and typing the same thing again and again. It's like watching my mum use the computer.

I understand you might want to explain things in more detail, but you should be explaining how to do things the right way. I had to stop watching because I was grinding my teeth.

Stephen Dixon
Editor, Animator, Motionographer
Museum Victoria

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]