Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
MOTION GRAPHICS:Motion Graphics ForumMotion Graphics TutorialsAfter EffectsApple MotionBoris FXProfessionals

panels folding out

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Cristina Chapmanpanels folding out
by on Apr 22, 2012 at 1:35:50 pm

I'm trying to make an animation which shows one solar panel (vector) and then lots of solar panles folding off it to create many rows of solar panels

Has anyone got any ideas of how to do this?
The only helpful tutorial i've found is this but only works with a shape created on after effects not on my detailed image i've drawn on illustrator
http://lesterbanks.com/2011/03/creating-an-animated-fold-out-effect-in -after-effects/

cheers

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Erik WaluskaRe: panels folding out
by on Apr 22, 2012 at 4:51:02 pm

If you have each solar panel in its own layer in your AI file then you can bring it into AE as a composition and choose the "retain layer sizes" option. You'll have to change the anchor points of each one so that it's on the edge that you want to use as the "hinge" for the fold out animation. Just use the Pan Behind tool (shortcut is Y) to drag the anchor point in the comp window. Depending on how you've drawn your AI art, scaling the panels in x and/or y may work better and/or be easier than doing a 3D rotation for the flip.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]