Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
MOTION GRAPHICS:Motion Graphics ForumMotion Graphics TutorialsAfter EffectsApple MotionBoris FXProfessionals

Any advice would be appreciated.

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Mark RamjohnAny advice would be appreciated.
by on Sep 7, 2011 at 2:39:31 pm

Anyone out there who can advise on this: I need to shoot (hd video) a graffitti artist doing art work on a wall and at the completion of the piece, the artist then swipes the art off to the side with one hand (kind of like swiping pages on an an Ipad) then starts another piece of art, and repeats the motion. He does this a few times. The end work is to be projected on 4 actual walls simultaneously at night to give the illusion of the artist actually 'bombing' at four different locations at the same time. I've been tested Fusion and After effects but the art work does not look right. Should I use an entire green screen or should the artist use green color paint, do the piece then I color key the actual art in. I'm trying different scenarios, but any advice would be appreciated! Hope my discription makes sense.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Michael SzalapskiRe: Any advice would be appreciated.
by on Sep 7, 2011 at 3:25:56 pm

You're projecting this onto walls. Is the artist going to be projected too or just the art?

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Stephen SmithRe: Any advice would be appreciated.
by on Sep 7, 2011 at 3:37:27 pm

Will the artist spray in real time or will it animate on fast?

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Motion Tutorials

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Mark SuszkoRe: Any advice would be appreciated.
by on Sep 9, 2011 at 1:29:47 pm

I Think I have a picture of this in my mind. But to pull it off, what I would do is, have the artist do everything using a wacom tablet in airbrush mode, and a suitable painting program, and a screen recorder program. This generates the movie of the painting being done, step by step, without the artist in the shot, and no need for green screens or stop-motion capture of a real wall. If the artist makes use of a lot of masking tools, this may present a problem, I dunno.

Next I would go hat in hand to the live and stage COW forum and ask those guys, who are real experts, what setup to use for the synched projection. My guess is they would suggest Wings, Avstumpfl, or watchout, along with the proper video cards and computer setup, and the project parameters to make this a single aftereffects comp spanning all four projectors.

Finally, the artist rehearses in front of the projections (to a locked in music track would make it easier) to synch their movements with the recording. The playback then looks like a real-time event, "painted" with light.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]