Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
MOTION GRAPHICS:Motion Graphics ForumMotion Graphics TutorialsAfter EffectsApple MotionBoris FXProfessionals

importing psd to Motion

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Jodi Binstockimporting psd to Motion
by on Apr 27, 2010 at 8:01:54 pm

Newish to Motion. Trying to import a psd with layers separated, but when I do I only get a flattened image with no layers.

What am I doing wrong?

Jodi

Thanks.

Jodi

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Mark SuszkoRe: importing psd to Motion
by on Apr 27, 2010 at 9:57:02 pm

Try this, put the .psd file on your desktop, then drag it to the Motion composition window, and hold it there, not releasing the mouse button until a few seconds when a window pops up to offer choices about the layers.

The other question is, are you somehow flattening the PSD when you are saving it in Photoshop, without knowing it? Is the "keep layers" box checked in the save dialog? We sometimes speed thru dialog boxes without really noticing what we are doing because we just expect everything to be what we wanted. You can do it right, or you can do it over:-)

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Stephen SmithRe: importing psd to Motion
by on Apr 28, 2010 at 2:42:56 pm

Another and not as quick way to do it is hit the Command and I keys to import. Find your psd and select it. Make sure All Layers is selected as the Layer name and hit on ok.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Motion Tutorials

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]