Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
MOTION GRAPHICS:Motion Graphics ForumMotion Graphics TutorialsAfter EffectsApple MotionBoris FXProfessionals

Need info on this switcher

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Sam Lesante Jr.Need info on this switcher
by on Dec 13, 2006 at 10:43:22 pm

Does anyone have any inside info on this switcher?

Panasonic WJ-MX12 Digital Video Audio Mixer Switcher

I've tried to google it but I can't find any info that I need on it.

I want to use this as a switcher to do a 2 camera on location shoot. This seems like it could do the job.

I might also want to use it as a switcher that manipulates between video and graphics for our on set plasma.

My question then is how well is the color correction on this to adjust colors so the plasma looks good on camera? Does it have some sort of proc amp on it?

TIA

Sam

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

tom meeganRe: Need info on this switcher
by on Dec 21, 2006 at 12:52:25 pm

Hi Sam,

You've probably taken action already, but I don't think tweaking an aux output of the switcher is the best way to make the plasma look good on camera.

I would set you cameras up so they match.

Then I would frame the shot that will include the plasma, and feed the plasma bars. Make sure if there are going to be people on the set in the real shot that you have stand-ins.

I would then tweak the controls on the plasma until the bars feeding it looked right on the output of the camera shooting the plasma. You may need to adjust the lighting on the talent to balance the scene.

Make sense?

Best,

Tom

ps I do not think the panasonic switcher has image tweaks on the aux outs, but I'm not sure. If you find the controls on the monitor are inadequate, I would find a separate color corrector or tbc to improve your ability to adjust the look of the plasma on set.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Mike CohenRe: Need info on this switcher
by on Dec 28, 2006 at 3:45:11 pm

we have had a lot of issues getting plasma screens to look good - often the recorded image is way too blue - we also need to set the shutter speed/clear scan setting on the cameras to match the refresh rate of the screens. I think you can use color correcting filters on the screen itself, akin to putting sheets of ND on a window. Definitely need to test this before the shoot.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]