Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
AVID:Avid Editing ForumAvid Editing TutorialsAvid Editing Basics ForumAvid Liquid ForumAvid Liquid TutorialsAvid VideoRAID ForumAvid

C300 plugin

COW Forums : AVID

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Daniel SchultzC300 plugin
by on Mar 14, 2013 at 5:54:33 pm

I'm on MC 5.0 and I want to import native canon c300 files.

Do I need a special plugin?

When I do an import, I can navigate and open the MXF files individually in the CONTENTS folders.
Is that the right way to do it? Or would a special plugin recognize the folder structure and allow me to batch import those mxf files without having to go through and manually open each folder and double-click through "Import?"

Thank in advance!

-Dan

Dan S.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Shane RossRe: C300 plugin
by on Mar 14, 2013 at 7:02:41 pm

You need the AMA plugin, and the Canon XF plugin. And you access this format...well...via AMA. Although I'm not sure Avid MC5.0 is compatible with this camera via AMA. The camera came out after Avid MC 5.0. You might have to resort to the way you are doing it.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Glenn SakatchRe: C300 plugin
by on Mar 14, 2013 at 7:07:27 pm

Just be careful when you download the plugins from Avid. There are different versions, depending on what version of Avid you are running. As Shane said, not sure if 5.0 is on the list....i know 5.53 (think thats the build) is on the list.

Glenn

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Shane RossRe: C300 plugin
by on Mar 14, 2013 at 7:14:08 pm

Yeah...this link to the main AMA plugins says that you need at least MC 5.5:

http://www.avid.com/US/products/Avid-Media-Access/plug-ins

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Daniel SchultzRe: C300 plugin
by on Mar 14, 2013 at 8:34:46 pm

thanks to both of you.
Hoping to upgrade soon.

Dan S.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Walter LoweRe: C300 plugin
by on Mar 18, 2013 at 6:29:55 pm

The footage the C300 delivers is great. I've been shooting everything from national commercials to corporate videos on this camera in Orlando and I just love it!

Access the clips through AMA and make sure you've downloaded the AMA plug-in from the Avid site for the camera. A lot of people forget that Avid stopped building in the different codecs AMA would support out of the box. Now you pick and choose what is installed on your system.

Walter Lowe
President, Blackburst Entertainment
http://www.blackburstentertainment.com

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Hans SieberRe: C300 plugin
by on Mar 19, 2013 at 2:51:51 pm

Hi there,

there`s one little workaround to speeden up the process until you can upgrade. Navigate to the contents folder of e.g. Card 1 in finder/explorer. Then let the system search for all files with the .mxf extension. (Using windows type.mxf in the search window on the upper right part) Open up the MC with an open bin and drag an drop all the .mxf files into the bin. Avid will then import the clips into MC without you having to enter each individual folder.

Hope that helps.

Cheers
Hans

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]