Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
AVID:Avid Editing ForumAvid Editing TutorialsAvid Editing Basics ForumAvid Liquid ForumAvid Liquid TutorialsAvid VideoRAID ForumAvid

Unable to AMA XDCAM volumes

COW Forums : AVID

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Mark NorgateUnable to AMA XDCAM volumes
by on Oct 31, 2012 at 9:32:41 am

I'm on a PC using Avid 5.0.3 and I've installed the XDCAM AMA plugin v1.1 here: http://pro.sony.com/bbsc/ssr/micro-xdcam/resource.downloads.bbsccms-assets-...

I have copied the entire contents to a drive, preserving the folder structure and am attempting to AMA from here. The SxS cards have AMA'd fine but I can't seem to get the XDCAM's to work at all.

The folder structure of them is XDCAM > 2 folders 'General' and 'PROAV'
PROAV > CLIPR / CMPTR / EDTR / USERDATA and then BUP and XML files. This seems correct, but wont work?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Mark NorgateRe: Unable to AMA XDCAM volumes
by on Oct 31, 2012 at 10:45:20 am

Solved the problem - Windows automatically installs the WRONG driver for the PDW-U1 despite saying found PDW-U1! All installed and ready to go! This will cause the XDCAM contents to display incorrectly and you will see the 'general' and 'PROAV' folders instead of the usual 'clip' 'sub' etc folders.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]