Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
AVID:Avid Editing ForumAvid Editing TutorialsAvid Editing Basics ForumAvid Liquid ForumAvid Liquid TutorialsAvid VideoRAID ForumAvid

What are the dIfferences between Media Composer 4 and Media Composer 5?

COW Forums : AVID

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Ivan RhudickWhat are the dIfferences between Media Composer 4 and Media Composer 5?
by on Sep 7, 2012 at 4:29:58 pm

Yes, you read that right, I'm wondering about the significant differences between Media Composer FOUR and Media Composer FIVE.

In particular, I'm wondering about differences in:

Title Effects
Marquee Effects
Effects Palette
Audio Effects
Color Correction
Exporting options

Any information would be helpful, thanks!

Ivan Rhudick
San Francisco

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Shane RossRe: What are the dIfferences between Media Composer 4 and Media Composer 5?
by on Sep 7, 2012 at 4:45:42 pm

Biggest difference is the SMART TOOLS. And more AMA options. But the Smart Tools are a SIGNIFICANT change. The SELECT arrows are now in a different location, and that is unsettling to some. You can opt to use the Smart Tools, or not. But simply changing the location of the arrows throws so many editors...and many of them don't know you can turn off Smart Tools, that they REFUSE to upgrade.

I think there are some audio options too, on the timeline, that are different, but I haven't used MC4 in so long, I don't know what it's lacking.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]