Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
AVID:Avid Editing ForumAvid Editing TutorialsAvid Editing Basics ForumAvid Liquid ForumAvid Liquid TutorialsAvid VideoRAID ForumAvid

Avid corrupting my footage?

COW Forums : AVID

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
bruno silvaAvid corrupting my footage?
by on Sep 6, 2012 at 5:32:39 pm

I have been loading NANO footage shot on a Sony EX3. The footage gets to me on CF cards which I connect to the PC via a USB or FW800 plug. I loaded the footage straight into Avid from the CF card and transcoded it to a network drive (TerraBlock).

After loading successfully, I copied the footage to two G-raids for backup. Now all the footage is corrupted. Everything on the Avid and even the footage on the two backups.

How might this have happened?

1 Theory is the footage was corrupted during the copy from the CF to the G-raids.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Shane RossRe: Avid corrupting my footage?
by on Sep 6, 2012 at 7:45:50 pm

If it's fine on the card, but not on the backup...I suspect the backup method is at fault. Are you on a mac? I HIGHLY recommend ShotPut Pro for backup. It backs up the footage, and checks it to make sure that it matches what is on the source...makes sure it is a good backup.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Chris HolmesRe: Avid corrupting my footage?
by on Sep 6, 2012 at 8:44:18 pm

Yup, I agree with Shane. Probably the copying process.

ShotPut Pro is great, you do get 10 or so transfers with the trial version.

I use a free program called Copy Verified. It does the same thing, more or less. There is a version with a front interface that makes it easy to use. Since I started using that, no corrupt files in transfer / backup.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

bruno silvaRe: Avid corrupting my footage?
by on Sep 6, 2012 at 9:10:51 pm

Guys, thanks for the feedback. I agree it has to be corruption during copying. The cards are gone unfortunately. We've only discovered the bad files now while attempting to upres the project.

I will def look into those copy verifying tools. We do have SxS backup but haven't been able to locate them (fingers xd)

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Pat HorridgeRe: Avid corrupting my footage?
by on Sep 7, 2012 at 4:45:57 pm

Always got to verify the backups. In fact I prefer tk copy and then AMA from the copies to be sure.
And no Avid can't corrupt facing an AMA mount unless you have an OS or hardware issue.

Pat Horridge
Technical Director, Trainer, Avid Certified Instructor
VET
Production Editing Digital Media Design DVD
T +44 (0)20 7505 4701 | F +44 (0)20 7505 4800 | E pat@vet.co.uk |
http://www.vet.co.uk | Lux Building 2-4 Hoxton Square London N1 6US

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter