Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
AVID:Avid Editing ForumAvid Editing TutorialsAvid Editing Basics ForumAvid Liquid ForumAvid Liquid TutorialsAvid VideoRAID ForumAvid

MC5 / MC6 Dual Boot - Avid FX serial

COW Forums : AVID

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Alex OlingerMC5 / MC6 Dual Boot - Avid FX serial
by on Aug 4, 2012 at 3:12:58 am

Hi,

I recently bought a fresh copy of MC6, and updated a dongle accordingly, so I can jump back and forth between MC5.5.3 and 6.0.1 easily, if need be.

As MC6 still has some lingering issues with the MXO2 Mini, I had wanted to stay on 5.5.3 for the time being until the issues are resolved.

I`m looking to set up a dual boot on a new Mac Pro, that`s on its way in the mail, with Snow Leopard for MC5.5.3 and Lion for MC6.0.1...

My own concern is handling AVID FX and BORIS CC installers when moving between MC5.5 and MC6.

I have serial keys for the newest Avid FX and BORIS CC, but I`m wondering, are the newest versions of both of the software able to work correctly in 5.5.3?

And if not, could someone maybe provide some suggestions how to approach this then, I don`t know if the Avid FX / BORIS CCC serial keys are backward compatible with older versions of their own software.

Thanks

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Kevin P McAuliffeRe: MC5 / MC6 Dual Boot - Avid FX serial
by on Aug 6, 2012 at 3:08:23 am

Hey Alex,

There are both 32 and 64 bit versions of BCC8 and Avid FX, so you should be good to go. If there is an issue with the dual boot license, contact BFX support, and I'm sure they will be able to help you.

Kevin P McAuliffe
Creative COW Trainer
kevinpmcauliffe@gmail.com
Twitter: @kpmcauliffe

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Alex OlingerRe: MC5 / MC6 Dual Boot - Avid FX serial
by on Aug 6, 2012 at 4:40:20 am

Alright. I sent a support form off to Boris, to see if there is a 32 bit version of Avid FX6.2 I can use with MC5.5.

Or if I can trade in my key for AvidFX6.2 for a AvidFX5.8 key, which is 32 bit, and get an installer from them.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]