Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
AVID:Avid Editing ForumAvid Editing TutorialsAvid Editing Basics ForumAvid Liquid ForumAvid Liquid TutorialsAvid VideoRAID ForumAvid

Time remapping - tutorial?

COW Forums : AVID

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Matt DragovitsTime remapping - tutorial?
by on Aug 3, 2012 at 2:06:20 am

I have a lower third animation that I need to speed the time up on. I'm a relatively new user to Avid (former FCP'er) I see various filters available but I'm not sure which is the best or even how to really use them. Is there a tutorial online or in the archives anywhere that can show me how to make an 8 second chyron remap down to about 5-6 seconds?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Richard SanchezRe: Time remapping - tutorial?
by on Aug 3, 2012 at 2:35:15 am

Alt (or Opt) drag the "Trim to Fill" effect from "Timewarp" in your effect pallette, and trim the clip out to 8 seconds and you should be good to go.

Richard Sanchez
Los Angeles, CA

"We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution." - Bill Hicks

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Scott ColeRe: Time remapping - tutorial?
by on Aug 3, 2012 at 2:36:47 am

The problem with this in the Avid world is that Media Composer treats keyable clips as two separate clips, fill and key, collapsed down into what looks like one track. So read up on timewarp in the help files, and you may want to make use of Fit and Fill. But you will eventually have to apply the speed change to both of the tracks by stepping into them. It can be an annoying process. If anyone has any better ideas, I'd love to hear them

M. Scott Cole
Senior Post Production Editor
60 MINUTES
CBS News, NYC
sc6@cbsnews.com
mscottc@comcast.net

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Matt DragovitsRe: Time remapping - tutorial?
by on Aug 3, 2012 at 2:57:11 am

Thanks, that was a very useful tip.

Dragzz

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]