Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
AVID:Avid Editing ForumAvid Editing TutorialsAvid Editing Basics ForumAvid Liquid ForumAvid Liquid TutorialsAvid VideoRAID ForumAvid

Export Question. Weird Frame Size request and small file Size from MC?

COW Forums : AVID

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Neil GoodmanExport Question. Weird Frame Size request and small file Size from MC?
by on May 3, 2012 at 10:32:07 pm

So, got a weird request for a corporate gig im working on. This might not be weird for some of you guys, but usually i deliver same as source for 98 percent o fthe work i do. The other precentage i know how to deal with.

Anyways. I have been working with 1080 24p 5D MK2 files. Edited in MC in 1080p, dnxhd 175.

Got to the point where were taling about delivery and the company wants the files in

320 x 180 and under 20MB... now some of these files are 1:30 in length, but range to about 6 minutes. I have 14 of these to export.

Whats the best way to go about this. I have Compressor, Squeeze, Mpg Streamclip, Adobe Encoder. Im think export a QT ref, but what then? I just did a test in Compressor, and for 1.5 gig file, it got down to 68MB using the youtube sharing preset after i customized the frame size?

Any help is greatly appreciated, im sure its a no brainer, just nothing ive come across since i started working in HD

Neil Goodman: Editor of New Media Production - NBC/Universal

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Andrew McKeeRe: Export Question. Weird Frame Size request and small file Size from MC?
by on May 3, 2012 at 11:44:08 pm

In MPEG streamclip as h.264. If you click Limit Data Rate, you can type in a number and adjust until the size comes up as under 20meg.

Hmmm.... just tried this and the lowest I could get a 5 minute video was 42meg by setting it to 10kbps. And lower and it stays the same. 20meg is damn small for a 5 minute video, even at that frame size.

Andrew McKee
Editor/Colourist
Avid Certified Instructor - MC6
Apple Certified Trainer - FCPX
Pixelwizard.net
Futureworks.co.uk

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Khoren MirzakhanianRe: Export Question. Weird Frame Size request and small file Size from MC?
by on May 4, 2012 at 1:43:22 am

Andrew is right. Compress with h.264 compression. Either MPEGStreamclip or Compressor.
Limit data rate to under 5,000kbps. and go lower if file size is still large.

If file formats don't matter to your client, you can try to compress it as an fly using adobe media encoder. flash videos are a lot smaller then quicktimes.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Andrew McKeeRe: Export Question. Weird Frame Size request and small file Size from MC?
by on May 4, 2012 at 11:50:02 am

5000 kbps is not going to get a 5 minute video down to 20meg (and is overkill for such a small frame anyway). Do the maths. FLV may be the way forward.

Andrew McKee
Editor/Colourist
Avid Certified Instructor - MC6
Apple Certified Trainer - FCPX
Pixelwizard.net
Futureworks.co.uk

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Neil GoodmanRe: Export Question. Weird Frame Size request and small file Size from MC?
by on May 4, 2012 at 3:08:24 pm

thanks guys. Havent tried the 6 minute file yet, but all the others got down to under 20mb using compressors h264 sharing preset. thanks for the help!

Neil Goodman: Editor of New Media Production - NBC/Universal

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]