Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
AVID:Avid Editing ForumAvid Editing TutorialsAvid Editing Basics ForumAvid Liquid ForumAvid Liquid TutorialsAvid VideoRAID ForumAvid

Numbers of files in bin

COW Forums : AVID

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
stig olsenNumbers of files in bin
by on May 1, 2012 at 8:10:52 am

Hi,

How do I know how many files there is in a bin without counting each of the clips? MC6

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Kyra CoffieRe: Numbers of files in bin
by on May 1, 2012 at 2:07:06 pm

This may not be the best way but I highlight the clips and press delete. The dialog window that comes up tells you the number of sequences, master and subclips and other stuff in the bin.

Just make sure you don't delete them!

Kyra

The Avid Assistant Editor's Handbook
http://www.AvidAsstEditor.com

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  
+1

stig olsenRe: Numbers of files in bin
by on May 1, 2012 at 5:34:47 pm

Thanks Kyra!

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Gary HazenRe: Numbers of files in bin
by on May 1, 2012 at 4:05:33 pm

get bin info

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

stig olsenRe: Numbers of files in bin
by on May 1, 2012 at 5:34:17 pm

Bin info shows hidden clips in the console.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Andrew DickinsonRe: Numbers of files in bin
by on May 31, 2013 at 4:50:19 pm

I know this is an old thread, but I wanted to post for people like me who are looking for this info.

What you can do is select all items with command (mac) / control (PC?) + a … or only select the items you want, and then right-click in the bin and choose "Get Bin Info" (about mid-way in that monstrous list). This loads the info for the bin into the Console window. Yes, it does show at the bottom a count with hidden items, but if you look, there's a line that will say "X selected items." - yay!

I don't know if there's a shortcut for the Get Bin Info command by default, but by accident I tried command (mac) / control (PC) + i, but I think that's the regular "Get Info" command. And as a happy accident, if you have a lot of clips (from my tests, it was nine or more) it will ask, "Are you sure you want to display information windows for X items." with the number of items. If you have 8 or less, I think it's less work to just count them up by hand. This is similar to the press delete method, but doing that gives me anxiety. I assume you could also double click, and it'll give you the "Do you want to load X items" or whatever that prompt is, as well.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]