Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
AVID:Avid Editing ForumAvid Editing TutorialsAvid Editing Basics ForumAvid Liquid ForumAvid Liquid TutorialsAvid VideoRAID ForumAvid

Avchd from Sony prosumer

COW Forums : AVID

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Rodney ReadAvchd from Sony prosumer
by on Apr 28, 2012 at 2:12:43 pm

I need to edit a project shot in the above format at HD resolution.

For speed of editing and monitoring on my old MC 4.5 I would like to edit in PAL DV420. (The final use will be SD)

Can anyone recommend: 1. The best QT resolution to convert the AVCHD to in order to maximise the DV quality, including if possible the resolution, bitrate, field order etc. 2. The best Avid export setting to produce a QT at full DV resolution.

I'd like to keep everything 16:9

Many Thanks
RR

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Rodney ReadRe: Avchd from Sony prosumer
by on May 1, 2012 at 9:12:28 am

OK I've gone ahead with default settings for the ingest and am not very happy with the quality, but at least I've been able to get on with the edit. So I'm hoping I can treat this as an off-line and re-ingest at better (DV) quality for a final conform - so suggestions for import & export settings will be most welcome.

Cheers

RR

RR

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]