Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
AVID:Avid Editing ForumAvid Editing TutorialsAvid Editing Basics ForumAvid Liquid ForumAvid Liquid TutorialsAvid VideoRAID ForumAvid

AVID MC 5.5 - Play In to Out Loop

COW Forums : AVID

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Melvin CurtisAVID MC 5.5 - Play In to Out Loop
by on Apr 24, 2012 at 6:11:54 pm

Hello All,

With Avid 5.5.3 running on a Mac, I can't loop the playback from In to Out by pressing "ctrl + In to Out Play button" as it did in Avid 4.

The Media Composer manual say that "You can also play back your sequence in a continuous loop by augmenting the Play IN to OUT command with the Alt key (Windows) or Control key (Macintosh)."

The problem is that the OS Control key function takes place over Avid control key and it shows the contextual menu (as the right-click does) instead of doing the Avid function.

I saw that user "Patbono" asked this question over a year ago on the Avid Community forums, but there is now answer, so I have paraphrased his question here on this board.

Hope someone can put this rest.

Thanks,
Melvin

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Glenn SakatchRe: AVID MC 5.5 - Play In to Out Loop
by on Apr 24, 2012 at 10:54:55 pm

Are you on a laptop? If so try pressing the FN button as well.
I'm on a mac pro and control (+) 6 is looping my playback.

There may be a keyboard setting somewhere to tell Apple to let the application functions override the built in functions, but i don't see anything on my box, and it is working fine.

Glenn

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Melvin CurtisRe: AVID MC 5.5 - Play In to Out Loop
by on Apr 25, 2012 at 4:02:02 pm

Ctrl (+) 6 works great. Thanks Glen, much appreciated!

-Melvin

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]