Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
AVID:Avid Editing ForumAvid Editing TutorialsAvid Editing Basics ForumAvid Liquid ForumAvid Liquid TutorialsAvid VideoRAID ForumAvid

How to Export a RED Project from Final Cut Pro 7 to Avid MC 5

COW Forums : AVID

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Brennan PaulHow to Export a RED Project from Final Cut Pro 7 to Avid MC 5
by on Jan 3, 2012 at 3:06:18 pm

I have a FCP7 project, which has been edited with the Red Camera Quicktime Proxies footage. I have exported an AAF file using Automatic Duck, I loaded the project in Avid MC5 on a windows system with the Digidesign Adrenaline and my timeline loads up, but my media is offline. MC5 console error shows it could not process the Quicktime files when I try to relink. Has anyone done this or has any work around?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  
+1

Andrew McKeeRe: How to Export a RED Project from Final Cut Pro 7 to Avid MC 5
by on Jan 3, 2012 at 5:20:54 pm

Avid does not play nice with the proxies from the camera. What I would try is bringing in all the r3d files that are used in the project using AMA into a single bin, then select them all, go to your sequence bin and right click on your sequence and click relink then relink to selected in open bins and ok. This may only work if Automatic duck tags the name of the R3D as the source file name rather than the tape name when creating the AAF.

Andrew McKee
Editor/Colourist
Avid Certified Instructor - MC5.5
Apple Certified Trainer - FCP7
Pixelwizard.net

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  
+1

Brennan PaulRe: How to Export a RED Project from Final Cut Pro 7 to Avid MC 5
by on Jan 4, 2012 at 11:02:47 am

Hi,
Thanks Andrew for your help, I have tried your method. Using the AAf from automatic duck using the relink to AMA settings. I imported the AAF into MC 5 and mounted the RED drives as AMA volumes in the project, then done the relink to my clips in the timeline. Results the clips "Media Offline" watermark disappeared and a blank white screen shows up. Any Suggestions?

iMac 2.93 Ghz Intel Core i7 - 8GB 1333 MHz DDR3 - Final Cut Pro 7 - Adobe Master Collection CS5.5, Avid Media Composer 5.0.3 - Digidesign Adrenaline

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]