Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
AVID:Avid Editing ForumAvid Editing TutorialsAvid Editing Basics ForumAvid Liquid ForumAvid Liquid TutorialsAvid VideoRAID ForumAvid

Gamma shift on playback in MC6

COW Forums : AVID

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Bill DePalmaGamma shift on playback in MC6
by on Dec 4, 2011 at 2:58:24 am

I am experiencing a distinct gamma shift in the record window when starting playback on the timeline. This occurrs after I have done a simple color correction to a clip. After doing the CC playback shows a lightening of the image, when I stop playback the image shifts back to it's normal (darker gamma) state. If I reboot MC the problem goes away, unti I make a change to a clip in the either the CC mode or the effects editor and it then reverts to shifting gamma on playback.

Also, I assume there must be a bug in the window arrangement ability on MC6. I will do a particular arrangement and then save it but it never quite goes back to that same saved state. In general, resizing windows in MC6 is a chore. While the new interface is kind of nice it still has not addressed the inability to customize the interface easily or to one's liking. 
Thanks
Bill

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Jeff GreenbergRe: Gamma shift on playback in MC6
by on Dec 4, 2011 at 5:06:08 pm

Windows or Mac?

This classically has been a mismatch between the nvidia driver on the PC.

Best,

Jeff G

Certified Master Trainer | Adobe, Apple, Avid
------------
You should follow me (filmgeek) on twitter. I promise to be nice.
New! FCPX DSLR workflows; What's new in Media Comopser 6; Full Media Composer 6 basics from macProVideo.com
Come see me speak at the Government Video Expo Nov 30 - Dec 1; Seminar link here
My book (with Richard Harrington and Robbie Carman)- An Editor's Guide to Adobe Premiere Pro
Lynda.com - Compressor Essentials 3.5 and 4
Contact me through my Website

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

John PaleRe: Gamma shift on playback in MC6
by on Dec 4, 2011 at 5:52:33 pm

seconded. Sounds like a graphics cared driver issue. Not seeing this at all on my set up (Mac Pro/OSX Lion).

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Post removed.

Bill DePalmaRe: Gamma shift on playback in MC6
by on Dec 4, 2011 at 8:27:46 pm

thanks for the response.
I am working on a Mac. 2x2.66 6core, 26GB ram
I have now replaced the nvida card with an mad 5870 card. No luck, same behavior.
I am going to downgrade to 5.5.3 to see if I can get rid of it in that version.
Thanks

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Bill DePalmaRe: Gamma shift on playback in MC6
by on Dec 4, 2011 at 9:59:57 pm

I just did a downgrade to 5.5.3 and the gamma shift is gone. Something is going on with my system and MC6. MC6 does handle window layout in slightly different way it seems. I also experience odd behavior with windows not remembering saved placements etc.
I'll see how 5.5.3 works out in the short term. Right now I don't see the real advantage of 6 over 5.5
64 bit does not seem to be a happy camper on my Mac for some reason. I have had just as many playback issues with PPro as well. FCP 7 is the only editing platform that has been working without major issues.
Anyway, thanks

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]