Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
AVID:Avid Editing ForumAvid Editing TutorialsAvid Editing Basics ForumAvid Liquid ForumAvid Liquid TutorialsAvid VideoRAID ForumAvid

Unsupported Resolution....

COW Forums : AVID

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
jimmy stewartUnsupported Resolution....
by on Nov 17, 2007 at 10:36:54 pm

i have P2 footage that i imported properly. edited all day, ran out of space, so i cleaned up some files. when i went back to avid it says "exception: MOB_OFFLINE." i closed avid, ran disc utility, restarted the computer - noticed i had an extra gig now free, opened my project and no video. the timeline is there, and my clips, but it wont play the video and now says "unsupported resolution." i shot 720p 24fps. im totally confused here...and frustrated. please help! thanks!

j

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

jimmy stewartRe: Unsupported Resolution....
by on Nov 17, 2007 at 11:17:58 pm

when i create a new sequence in the same project, it plays the footage fine. im not sure why it is now saying "unsupported resolution" in my original sequence???

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Joe WombleRe: Unsupported Resolution....
by on Nov 18, 2007 at 5:03:16 am

Try relinking to the footage. If this doesn't work, try deleting the databases and let Avid rebuild them. If these don't work, you may have a corruption in your Avid user files. Try deleting those and build a new one.

I know these are very basic suggestions, but you need to be sure they are not the problem before you try manipulating the footage files. Do you have access to the files on the P2 cards or Firestore or a backup hard drive?

Regards,

Joe Womble

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Nov 18, 2007 at 2:46:48 pm

hi joe,

thanks for the suggestions. i will try to do those things. ive only been editing with avid for a year or so...its been final cut before that, but i really like some advantage with avid.

i did back up the P2 files on another drive...so i have two sets, and also a set as quicktimes.

i just found an old post on how to rebuild...i will try.

thanks again,

j

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Nov 18, 2007 at 3:06:01 pm

i trashed the user and directory files: mdb and pmr files, and it stills says "unsupported resolution." i am able to play the files in my source window, and the record is blank. i cannot play anything in the record window. i also tried to relink the files. im lost here. what do you think the next step is?

should i delete the mxf files, keep my sequence, then bring the files in again?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

kathryn russRe: Unsupported Resolution....
by on Nov 18, 2008 at 7:59:24 pm

do this....

uninstall AVID- reboot
Install AVID - reboot
repair permissions- reboot

do all 6 steps and no more pesky "unsupported resolution."
AND no more housecleaning while working in a project !-
I just re-learned that lesson myself

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook