Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
AVID:Avid Editing ForumAvid Editing TutorialsAvid Editing Basics ForumAvid Liquid ForumAvid Liquid TutorialsAvid VideoRAID ForumAvid

moving project from PC to MAC

COW Forums : AVID

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
rapmoving project from PC to MAC
by on Mar 29, 2007 at 5:23:26 pm

hey guys, I just got a project to fine edit that was edited on PC, the client brought me the material on the hard drive but the project itself was sent to me via e mail
after making sure that i got all folders in the right folder and moving that to the avid projects, i tried to open the project and i got the message
"this bin master was created with modified copy of win, Avid Xpress Pro 4.5, StudioB_NT_R220 it was created by ORGANIZE-EC5182,(name of project), , 2006/06/20/20:29:39

Use of this bin may lead to unexpected results

Repair or cancel

I have no idea what that means, could you please help me with this issue, why am I getting this message and what shall I do?

many thanks in advance

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

grinnerRe: moving project from PC to MAC
by on Mar 29, 2007 at 9:30:06 pm

man, I'd go for repair.
I havn't seen or heard of this one but I don't see how you'd have anything to lose with trying that. You can keep the 'unrepaired' project on file just in case it tears stuff up.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

MHancock (promoboy)Re: moving project from PC to MAC
by on Mar 30, 2007 at 9:44:06 pm

If you're pulling a project from an earlier version of Avid then you're currently running, you don't want to try to open the older project. Just make a new project by the same name and copy the bins only into that. Sounds like you might be running into compatability issues. If you're running the same versions, do what Grinner said--back 'em up, hit repair, say a prayer and hope for the best.

Michael.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]