Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
AVID:Avid Editing ForumAvid Editing TutorialsAvid Editing Basics ForumAvid Liquid ForumAvid Liquid TutorialsAvid VideoRAID ForumAvid

Newscutter Adrenaline and audio mixer

COW Forums : AVID

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Joseph W. BourkeNewscutter Adrenaline and audio mixer
by on Jan 11, 2007 at 10:48:49 pm

We recently switched over to a Newscutter from our old Discreet Edit and we've been told by AVID techs that you can have a mixer for the input to the AVID from the deck, but you can't have a mixer on the ouput side; in other words, you have to either adjust your audio output via the software or the gain knobs on the video deck.

Now this seems pretty wacky to me - I looked at the back of the Newscutter Adrenaline box, and there are four (count 'em) shiny new XLR output jacks sitting right there in plain sight. All I want to do is get the convenience of a mixer to set tone and audio output levels without futzing around with software or the deck settings. I can't do the hookup myself because our Engineering department would have my head, but it sure looks to me like it CAN be done. Thanks.

Joe Bourke
Art Director / WMUR-TV

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Jon ZanoneRe: Newscutter Adrenaline and audio mixer
by on Jan 12, 2007 at 4:00:11 am

With the caveat that you need to be careful of feedback, of course you can. I've got a Mackie 1402, Soundcraft 200b and a soundcraft Delta AVE hooked up to my Avids. Esentially, the mains feed the speakers, the Avid out feeds two of the busses. I've got a beta and a router input filling out the rest of the inputs.

Jon

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]