Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
AVID:Avid Editing ForumAvid Editing TutorialsAvid Editing Basics ForumAvid Liquid ForumAvid Liquid TutorialsAvid VideoRAID ForumAvid

What does "Exception: PMM_INSUFFICIENT_MEDIA" mean?????

COW Forums : AVID

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Roman M.What does "Exception: PMM_INSUFFICIENT_MEDIA" mean?????
by on Jul 11, 2006 at 9:52:57 am

Hi,

I've been working on a sequence that has ONLY stills, each of which have the AVID PAN & ZOOM effect applied. I worked on it for two hours without any problems. Then, I attempted to insert a still into the middle of the sequence and apply the PAN & ZOOM to it. As soon as I did, I got that error message and the sequence would no longer play at any point.

I pulled an old backup from the attic and it worked again. I successfully inserted a still into the sequence and it still worked. Then, I dragged the PAN & ZOOM effect onto it and I got the error again, locking up my entire sequence. Deleting the effect didn't help. Deleting the new clip didn't help. It seems that once the error hits, there is no fixing it.

Does anyone know what this is????

FYI: G5, AXP 4.8.2, OS 10.4

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

amheusRe: What does "Exception: PMM_INSUFFICIENT_MEDIA" mean?????
by on Jul 11, 2006 at 10:54:54 am

I've come across it a few times, all you can do is trim a frame or so off whichever segment is creating the problem and re render, the bitch is isolating the clip!

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Roman M.Re: What does "Exception: PMM_INSUFFICIENT_MEDIA" mean?????
by on Jul 12, 2006 at 7:58:23 am

Thanks for the input. I discovered that if I overwrite the new clip to the end of the sequence, then use segment mode to insert it into the middle, the problem doesn't occur. For now, it's a workaround, but I still have no idea why this suddenly began to happen.

Also, it doesn't seem that there's any amount of trimming or extracting that will fix it once it happens. I have to go to an earlier backup and pick up where I left off.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Phill NaylorRe: What does "Exception: PMM_INSUFFICIENT_MEDIA" mean?????
by on Dec 16, 2009 at 5:28:53 pm

Generally, any type of "Exception" error means some sort of corrupted media, whether it be image, edits, clips, project files. etc.

In this case, PMM_Insufficient_media is telling you that either the media or the effect on top of the media might be bad. Here is a pretty good article explaining some of the the different scenarios and how you can find the problem areas.. Tedious, yes. But needed.

http://avid.custkb.com/avid/app/selfservice/search.jsp?DocId=238825&Hilite=...

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

John HaleRe: What does "Exception: PMM_INSUFFICIENT_MEDIA" mean?????
by on Oct 26, 2010 at 10:42:14 pm

I'm getting this too but it's only when I try to play back with my last two audio tracks. If I deselect them it plays fine. Ideas???

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]