Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ZAXWERKS:Zaxwerks ForumZaxwerks TutorialsZaxwerks

AE CS6 (Mac) hangs opening a project

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Douglas DyeAE CS6 (Mac) hangs opening a project
by on Jul 14, 2012 at 7:53:24 pm

Thanks in advance. I was experimenting with the new ray tracing, reflection and shadow features in Invigorator Pro v.6. When I went to open the project back up, AE just sits there trying to render it forever.

The project is only a few seconds long, there's no real footage to render, and I didn't move anything around in the timeline. I'm only using one AI file (2 layers).

I have a Mac Pro 6-Core Intel Xeon with 10 GB of Ram (Snow Leopard), so the machine shouldn't be the problem...

Any ideas? Is there a way to stop the rendering of a project when AE starts?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Douglas DyeRe: AE CS6 (Mac) hangs opening a project
by on Jul 14, 2012 at 9:38:53 pm

One more thing, I noticed before that Ambient Occlusion was really slowing up renders...

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Edward WuRe: AE CS6 (Mac) hangs opening a project
by on Jul 17, 2012 at 10:09:30 pm

Hi Douglas,

If possible, please send the project file to me so I can take a look and see what is happening with the project.

To turn off rendering when you open the project file, enable the "Caps Lock" key and it will skip the render when the project is opened up.

In regards to your question about Ambient Occlusion, it's correct that any time you use Ambient Occlusion or anything that requires Ray Tracing, it will slow down your rendering time. To speed up the preview, you can decrease the amount of Rays that are being used and it will speed up your preview times dramatically.

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Jul 22, 2012 at 5:18:46 pm

Edward,

Sorry it took so long to respond. I went ahead and recreated the project (turning off Ambient Occlusion before saving it). I find that the second time you go through something, it improves your understanding of it. Then I got caught up in work for our paying clients, and...

I still have the file that won't open. If it will help in your development, please let me know how to get it to you, and I'll send it along.

Thanks for your reply.

Doug

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

by on Jul 22, 2012 at 6:39:11 pm

Sorry to post again Edward (Why can't I edit my post to add to it?) but after following your advice about the caps lock key, I found that it was Transparent Shadows causing the render to hang, not Ambient Occlusion...

Doug

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Matt RhodesRe: AE CS6 (Mac) hangs opening a project
by on Jul 23, 2012 at 5:04:04 pm

Hi Doug.

Yes, please send us any problem projects. We'd like to fix any bugs users are finding.

Send files to: matt@zaxwerks.com

Thanks a lot.

Matt Rhodes
Zaxwerks, Inc.

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]