Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ZAXWERKS:Zaxwerks ForumZaxwerks TutorialsZaxwerks

Mixing shadowcatcher planes in 3d invigorator with 3d reflector.

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Georgina LordMixing shadowcatcher planes in 3d invigorator with 3d reflector.
by on May 8, 2012 at 11:20:35 am

I've created a 3D plane inside Invigorator to use as a shadow-catcher for a 3D model. This works perfectly. My problem is that I'd also like to use 3D Reflector to make a reflection for the model as well, so I create a After Effects solid, make it a 3D layer and then position it in the same 3D space as the Invigorator shadow-catcher plane is. Unfortunately, even though the only visible aspect of the Invigorator 3D shadow-catcher plane are the shadows, the entire 3D reflector effect disappears. I am assuming that's it's not possible to have 3D Reflector and a shadow-catcher plane working together in the same 3D space?

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Edward WuRe: Mixing shadowcatcher planes in 3d invigorator with 3d reflector.
by on May 8, 2012 at 7:31:45 pm

Hi Georgina,

With 3D Invigorator PRO version 5.1.0, it's currently not possible to have the shadow along with the reflection. The reason is because the Shadow Catcher/Shadow is what ends up being reflected and that is why the object does not show up. However, we're close to releasing 3D Invigorator PRO version 6. Version 6 will include Ray-Traced Reflections, which will allow you to create the look you want directly within 3D Invigorator PRO! This means you can create a reflective floor that also catches shadows. There are also many exciting new features such as Ambient Occulusion for shadows, increased amounts of Sets and much more. Stay tuned for more previews of the new version of Invigorator PRO.

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Georgina LordRe: Mixing shadowcatcher planes in 3d invigorator with 3d reflector.
by on May 10, 2012 at 2:08:23 pm

Thanks Edward. I look forward to seeing v6 :-)

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]