Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ZAXWERKS:Zaxwerks ForumZaxwerks TutorialsZaxwerks

Zaxwerks vs. AE for floor / background

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Thoreau BakkerZaxwerks vs. AE for floor / background
by on Apr 25, 2012 at 8:04:28 am

Greetings all!

I've recently covered the basics of text behaviors and camera motion in Zaxwerks, and I'm interested in adding things (like back wall and floor) to improve the effect.

I note there are some interesting tutorials about building a background / set right in Zaxwerks, and I also assume it's possible to import images as sets in AE.

Does anyone have any toughts on pros and cons to these methods, in terms of lighting / cameras / tracking etc etc?

Any tips are Much appreciated,

Thoreau

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Edward WuRe: Zaxwerks vs. AE for floor / background
by on Apr 26, 2012 at 6:47:48 pm

Hi Thoreau,

Right, it's possible to import images/videos into After Effects and apply them as Layer Maps. The advantages of working with Layer Maps is that not only can you use an image or video file, but you can also use an After Effects Pre-Comp. This allows you to set up dynamic content for your material that you can edit or add effects, and will update the material instantly.

It's also possible to set up 3D Layers in After Effects and when you have the "Use Comp Camera" setting enabled, this will help you integrate your 3D elements from Invigorator/ProAnimator with the 3D layers in After Effects. The disadvantage is that the Zaxwerks 3D Space and the After Effects 3D Space is different. So even though two objects may be in the same position, they will not intersect one another. One layer will simply overlap another, depending on the layer order in After Effects.

If you need your objects to intersect, or to interact with one another, it's probably easiest to work with all the 3D elements within Invigorator/ProAnimator. This way all the objects will be in the same 3D Space and you will not have to worry about having to use masks to pull off a certain effect.

Hope this helps.

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  
+1

Thoreau BakkerRe: Zaxwerks vs. AE for floor / background
by on Apr 27, 2012 at 2:27:09 am

Edward,
thanks very much your timely and thorough response..

it's much appreciated!

- Thoreau

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]