Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ZAXWERKS:Zaxwerks ForumZaxwerks TutorialsZaxwerks

templet for a book image?

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Nelson Maytemplet for a book image?
by on Mar 20, 2012 at 9:16:27 pm

I have an earlier version of ProAnimator. I think 4.3 and I am writing a book. I haven't used the software in a while, but my book is 8.5 x 5.5 and I want to know if I can make a book with a spine that I can animate?

Any suggestions or templets out there?

MBP 2.4GHz 4MB RAM, 30"cine, MAC PRO 2.6 8 core 6GB RAM, Mbox, Neumann TLM-103, FCP HD 7. Pro Tools 8, Adobe Creative Suite, Reason 3.0, Macromedia Studio, ProAnimator, HVX200 with Firestore v4.0

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Edward WuRe: templet for a book image?
by on Mar 21, 2012 at 10:35:25 pm

Hi Nelson,

Sure, with ProAnimator, you can create a 3D Primitive, and change it to a cube. Once you change the shape to a cube, enter the 8.5 x 5.5 dimensions, and enter a depth value as well. Then you'll have the shape of your book. You can apply texture maps to each side of the cube to get the look of your book.

With ProAnimator version 5, we also added the "Warp" feature. This lets you create effects such as bending or folding a piece of paper. If you're interested, you can use the Warp effect to create a page turn animation for your book.

P.S. With version 4.3, you can upgrade to version 4.5.1 to get all the latest bug fixes, or upgrade to version 5 for new features such as an integrated drawing window, customizable workspaces, gradient & noise shaders, object deformations/warping, and much more. The upgrade to version 4.5.1 is a free upgrade while the upgrade to version 5 is a paid upgrade.

Hope this helps.

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Nelson MayRe: templet for a book image?
by on Mar 22, 2012 at 5:12:07 am

thanks. I haven't played with this software in over two years. I managed to make a cube into a 6x9 and mapped the from and back of my book cover on it. I guess I need to learn a bit more to get it to do exactly what I am looking for. If there are any tutorials out there, let me know

MBP 2.4GHz 4MB RAM, 30"cine, MAC PRO 2.6 8 core 6GB RAM, Mbox, Neumann TLM-103, FCP HD 7. Pro Tools 8, Adobe Creative Suite, Reason 3.0, Macromedia Studio, ProAnimator, HVX200 with Firestore v4.0

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

Edward WuRe: templet for a book image?
by on Mar 22, 2012 at 8:22:31 pm

Hi Nelson,

You can view our video tutorials from the link below:

http://zaxwerks.com/training/

Keep in mind the newer tutorials are for ProAnimator version 5, so the interface and features will be different than what is included in version 4.

We also have more tutorials available from fellow users. You can find these tutorials from our blog page below:

http://zaxwerks.com/blog/category/tutorials/

Hope this helps.

Best,
Edward

Return to posts index
Reply   Like  

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]